GLO fish…

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
With all the destruction of natural habitats and the extinction or close to extinction of so many species of ornamental fish, one would think intelligent aquarists would work to help save and protect the habitats and species, and not support any modification to natural species for profit--and that is all that is behind this, someone is making money but the natural species is gaining absolutely nothing.

The only way to stop this nonsense is by not purchasing such fish. How the "modification" is achieved is not really the issue, be it cruel (injecting dye, etc) or not. Natural hybridization is not the same thing (someone is bound to raise this) as genetic manipulation.

What a sad set of replies…I won’t be purchasing any of these and I hope everyone else stops too…a bit like the Betta’s being bought to rescue them from the cups in pet shops…no sales, no profit, no stock.

It can happen, certain breeds of dogs don’t automatically get their tails docked now… We need a campaign…😂

It's against the law to dock a dog's tail in Australia now. The only exception is if the tail has been seriously damaged and won't work after it heals. The a vet can remove it.

Dogs need their tails to communicate with people and other dogs.

It's against the law to dock a dog's tail in Australia now. The only exception is if the tail has been seriously damaged and won't work after it heals. The a vet can remove it.

Dogs need their tails to communicate with people and other dogs.
Some working dogs are allowed to have their tails docked if there is a risk it might get injured during the course of their work. And I think it has to be done by a vet, breeders aren’t allowed to do it themselves anymore.

Same in France for horse and dog's tail and ears fortunately.

I have an Australian Shepherd who has a docked tail. It is because theyre a working breed, like NannaLou said, but now, for many breeds, it’s become a breed standard. They have it done when they are newborn (at least that’s how it’s meant to be done)

Bearded collie is also a working dog with intact tail....
If it's convenient for man, man do it.

I have an Australian Shepherd who has a docked tail. It is because theyre a working breed, like NannaLou said, but now, for many breeds, it’s become a breed standard. They have it done when they are newborn (at least that’s how it’s meant to be done)
That’s how (some) breeders would like it done. I think you have to prove the dog will be working now to get tails docked. Gun dogs like spaniels aren’t docked automatically.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back