Glass Cleaning Q

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cynic

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi folks, just a quickie..

I have some algae on the glass thats getting a little carried away, i haven't gone at it too much as the plec does have some but its getting a bit much.

Just wondered on the best scraper/scrubber options and peoples opinions. I looked in the LFS and there are all sorts of stuff. I was thinking of a glass scraper from the pound shop?

I use the magnet ones. Work for me. Just don't get any dirt/grit on the pads or you'll end up scratching the glass.

I use cheap washing up sponges from the supermarket (NOT ones that have any soap or detergent in them obviously!). The ones that are sponge with a layer of coarse scrubber on one side.

I have one of the mag scrapers but there are some darker spots on the glass that it doesent shift. I'll give the sponges a bash.

Cheers

I use.. Handle with a blade on the end, also switches to a pad type thingy ma bobby :unsure:
tetra-tec-gs-45-aquarium-glass-cleaner-algae-scraper-459-p.jpg

I use something similar to s squeegy(sp?) and it works very well :)

i don't ever clean the glass on my tank :\ i think i used a course sponge thing once last year though. Did the job. Oh, occasionally i use a Stanley knife blade to scrape the scum mark off where the water normally sits in one of my small tanks! :D

kitchen sponge. dont see the point of expensive things with long handles, thats what arms are for.

If you want the BEST your will want a kent scrapper they are used in marine tanks as the algae in there is a nightmare. I got the scrapper and kent kit(where you can change heads for dif needs)for £35. Very expensive but no freshwater alage take more then 30 sec to clean up :good:

I used to use a variety of things, but now I've got the fertiliser levels right it doesn't seem to happen much.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back