Gill Flukes?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheRedDiscus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, my red discus only breathes out of it's right gill, it's left gill is closed, is it gill flukes of somthing else? PLEASE HURRY! If gill flukes aren't treated in time, they will be permanently damaged!!

Hello, my red discus only breathes out of it's right gill, it's left gill is closed, is it gill flukes of somthing else? PLEASE HURRY! If gill flukes aren't treated in time, they will be permanently damaged!!

How long has it been like this? Doesn't really sound like gill flukes to me.

How many gallons or lites is the tank.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Sign of gills flukes are.
Pale gills with excess mucas.
Red inflamed gills.
Opaque body with excess slime.
Flicking and rubbing against objects.
Laboured breathing, or gasping at the surface of the tank.
Erratic swimming.
Swimming in a jerky movement.
Weightloss sometimes.
Spitting food out.

Clout treats gill flukes in the united states.
http://www.koicrisis.com/symptoms/gill.html

probably a side affect to how the tank water you introduced them into. did they all end up surviving the poor conditioned tank? wasnt looking good for a while there!

I'm not COMPLETELY in the clear but i think the worse storm is over, look at grey discus has problems, you'll see the comparison. P.S does he look better now? DSC00023.JPG he's a FAST swimmer

i would still watch carefully for the future as problems can aris months after as your discus probably wont be as strong against infection!

Have you checked your water stats.
Could be bacterial gill rot if not flukes, the gills flaps will look swollen and they can heavy breath with bacterial gill rot.
Soak some garlic juices in there pellets or flakes it boost a fish immune system.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back