Gill Flukes?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

robyngunston

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
DSCF0817.jpg

I have been told this could be gill flukes....anyone agree??
I was asking in the Cory Forum earlier about whether pinkish/red gills were normal and anyway in the end I posted a pic and she said to come here and ask as you guys are the experts. ;) Other than the pink colouring he seems to be doing okay?

Red gills can be due to a number of things to bad water quality, gill desease, and gill flukes. Need to look at water stats first.

Red gills can be due to a number of things to bad water quality, gill desease, and gill flukes. Need to look at water stats first.

Water stats.....
Ammonia = 0
Nitrate = 12.5
Nitrite = 0
PH = 7
Tank size = 16 gallons / 68 litres

I am finding it very difficult to distinguish between the different diseases :(
I am currently treating the tank for bacterial infections as receommended but not sure whether this is the correct treatment??

I am finding it very difficult to distinguish between the different diseases :(

Fish Doc is proberbly the best place to start.
Although primarily aimed at koi and goldfish it has a great clinical signs chart
that is easy to follow.

With it being a cory i'm more inclined to say it could be bacterial, does the cory look like something is irratating the gills does he try ton rub it on the substrate, is he dashing about.
http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/hdgilld.htm

just going a lil off topic but:

what is your tank sat on? i dont see any poly tiles or the black mats. if you get a pressure point under there your sunk and your fish are dry. :/

Most reactions

Back