Giant tower cap snail

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My rabbit snail says hi

Attachments

• 20200612_172343~2.jpg
    20200612_172343~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
Then hopefully it is a male, or that 6cm "fact" holds true! They also don't breed quite as readily as some other species of snails, so hopefully that will favour you too. We'll have to see.

Not if you keto up with them. Pick them out every so often. They are great if you have sand because they keep it stirred up. :)

Not if you keto up with them. Pick them out every so often. They are great if you have sand because they keep it stirred up. :)
Is there any way I can prevent the snail from overpopulating my tank? I feel terrible about killing anything. My 5 gallon got overrun by pond snails and I picked each one out and gave them to my LFS :)

If it is a Malaysian Trumpet snail will it overpopulate my tank?
I agree with @Deanasue.

It may, but if you lower the population each week, by picking out any you see, you shouldn't have a problem. Although, you rarely see them, as they are usually under the sand.

This snail is over twice the size of a MTS already. MTS shells are light brown with reddish spots.

MTS
MTS

Brotia
Brotia

Your snail does have some shell erosion, but it should be fine as long as your water has the correct parameters for snails shells. Which must be the case as you have others.

This snail is over twice the size of a MTS already. MTS shells are light brown with reddish spots.

MTS
MTS

Brotia
Brotia

Your snail does have some shell erosion, but it should be fine as long as your water has the correct parameters for snails shells. Which must be the case as you have others.
I don’t know where you got that information...

My MTS have no red spots.

I don’t know where you got that information...

My MTS have no red spots.
Look at the pictures of them. I guess it would be brown spots, rather than red. Looks quite red to me. But the OP's snail certainly isn't one of them.

The tank of snails he came from was supposed to be all tower cap snails and many of them were almost twice his size. I'm not sure if MTS could grow around 8 to 10 centimeters. They might be able to though. I don't know much about them.

One inch, 2.5cm, is the normal size for MTS. They often stay even smaller. 5cm is far too big. 8-10cm is most definitely too big. You were sold the right snail.

Will the shell erosion get better? My tank has shells and cuttelbone for the snails. In the tank he was in at the store all the snails had pretty bad shell erosion.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back