Ghosts

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Very few people know for any fact whether they landed on the surface of the moon or not, none of us were there so its a debate that will go on and on without conclusion.

Really i couldnt care less whether they went or not, lets face it, the moon is a bit boring.....once the gravity novely off there is pretty much f*ck all to do but come home again. I prefer going to places like Rome.....for example.

Even if they have landed on the moon and maybe one day they will colonise the moon but you wont get me there till they install a roller coaster......no siree Bob!

it isnt just about conspiracys the later ones are alot about aliens and ghosts etc, and also crazy insane people ( duain barry LOL )

the li lbudha guy is in i think season 8 and if anyone here has watched it you will not sleep i can guarentee, also i watched charlie and the chocolate factory today, and the oompa loompa is jsut a multi doubled actor right ? well he looks liek teh actor who does the BUDHA GUY!!!! only with legs... but i seen it and i was like OMFG!!!!!!! lol creepy eh ?

anywayz ive seen tv specials on aliens etc, i do think they are real, i only have never expierienced anything besides once when i was on a train going to st ives yeah this is all true...

i turn on my mp3 and look out of the window as the train starts moving, i look into the sky just randomly because the clowds are very strange , you know when there are lots of lil ones ???
anyways my musikk was too loud so i had to take them off, and the train was practicaly silent, in the sky there was what looked like a plane sort of, it made NO SOUND , it moved very very fast across the sky, it was grey. my first asumption was a jet . but it was fairly close, definetely close enough to hear the wooshing sound. anywho there was NO smoke , vapour etc from the tail, and it was a very cigar ish shape, as it moved very fast i tried to show my brother but we went through some trees and then it was obviously gone.
it did actually scare me after i looked at it because it made me feel scared in a way because i had no idea what i had jsut seen, i AM a logical person and i am pretty sure what ever it was, wasnt a jet.

does anybody have an opinion on that?
regards,
kubora666

Hmmm...Had you taken one of wilsons "Mopwani Cigarettes".......??

Wilson001.jpg

:hey:
I believe in ghosts and in some form of alien life but even I have to draw a line at flying saucers and UFO's, maybe Im wrong but there just any strong enough evidence.

i am exactly the same! i watch those ufo programs and think what the hell! this is aloud of made up garbage, but it was either a jet or some type of aircraft, hey there could be alot of explinations al li know is it was piloted it moved and it moved fast ! :hey:

I believe there are beings on other plantets but its when you get fat American Hillbillies, no offence to any Americans but you know the ones i mean.......usually a fat guy called 'Cleetus' saying "Ah did see me one of thoes U.F.O's mama" and come out with some crap story about being beamed aboard and probed etc. and you just think........."Hmmm, yes but you see, that didnt actually happen did it" and I think thats what must make things difficult for people trying to investigate these things.

I believe there are beings on other plantets but its when you get fat American Hillbillies, no offence to any Americans but you know the ones i mean.......usually a fat guy called 'Cleetus' saying "Ah did see me one of thoes U.F.O's mama" and come out with some crap story about being beamed aboard and probed etc. and you just think........."Hmmm, yes but you see, that didnt actually happen did it" and I think thats what must make things difficult for people trying to investigate these things.
yeah ur right, its like " hey ma! i damn got probeded by an alien , uhyuk! "
and they get chased in their pick up truck or something, its stuepid!!
but there are some convinceing storys.

"Show mama on the doll Cleetus"....heh heh heh :lol:

I do believe there is other life but to be honest, maybe they could come and take all the 'Hoodies, Chavs and Neds' away, give them a good old probing. I think Aliens should take over, lets face it, we are doing a rubbish job. Not for ever though, just a wee while, see how it goes.....just to point us in the right direction, not take over and fire lasers at us of course.

I gotta say. The government would have to go through less work and expense to just land on the moon than try to fake it.

I definately believe in that there is life out there because if the universe is as HUGE as it is and we are the only ones then that seems like an awful waste of space. Whether or not they visit us can go either way personally.

I will say that I do not believe in ghosts. I don't say they couldn't exist but I have not seen any evidence that leads me to believe they are real. Now, if one punched me in the face then I would believe!

I do believe there is other life but to be honest, maybe they could come and take all the 'Hoodies, Chavs and Neds' away, give them a good old probing.
That made me laugh... sorry
:D :D yep, definitely some that could do with a good going over by aliens! :hyper:

A Scotsman impersonating an "American hillbillly" has really got to be a riot. I'd actually pay money to hear this in real life.

Does anyone believe in a third dimension? There is a third dimension to this discussion that rarely gets talked about. This will be a long and wide ranging post so I hope you can bear with me for a bit! (it will discuss aliens, ghosts and moon landings!)

If you study religion, supernatural beliefs and shamansim right back to the stone age (mesolithic) and probably beyond, you find a very definite pattern. Ancient pyramids, the massive megalithic temples in Ireland that I have been studying in depth, the mesolithic communities with ritual chambers in the Near East and the ritual longhouses of South America where the beliefs about the cosmos are inbuilt into the architecture all share at least one common purpose. They reaffirm and solidify beliefs and religions that not only hold society together but also empower those who claim to be in touch with it, perhaps even control or converse with the netherworld. The shaman is just a lonely nutcase unless there is a community to believe in their 'powers' and their ability to see order in the chaotic world. That is how they obtain power in a religious and political sense and these massive and powerful symbolic structures are the physical mainfestations of this 'unseen power'. They are the necessary constant reminders of the power these religious and political leaders have to bring order or at least explain the chaos that humanity fears so much.

This doesn't have to be a cynical controlling of the masses by a manipulative egotist (though it often is), the communities demand these leaders with special powers to bring some kind of order to their world so it becomes a joint conspiracy between the powerful and the common people to bridge the deepest human fears. In simple terms, the common people have an unwritten contract with the shaman priest that they will put their faith and power into the hands of the shaman or priest and in return the shaman or priest offers a myhological world where there is order and meaning. See where this is heading?

This conspiracy between the normal people and the powerful leaders had not gone away, it has modified itself constantly, new religions with their own symbolism, heroes and special leaders (priests, shamen etc) that bridge the gap between our fear of a chaotic world and an invented orderly world that is contacted through the living (again priests and shaman) and the dead (prophets, saints etc). Its still a very powerful force in our societies in the form or religions and churches but in the west at least, there has been a split where political power has at last been divorced from the supernatural. One of the true turning points of humanity was the so called 'age of reason'. Some centuries ago people began to question this established order, the beliefs that gave the leaders power and the mythology that supported it. They began to question everything for the first time in thousands of years, real power over their world was returning to the common person.

This was very bad news for the powerful, people who view the world through a belief system that the powerful control are in turn easy to control themselves. At a time when religion and politics were two sides of the same coin, it meant the power that religious/poitical leaders had by right was evaporating. There were massive changes, democracy came to the enlightened coutries (or at least in theory) and politics and religion were seperated.

This does not mean the old pattern went away, the basic reality remained that people with beliefs in 'other forces' which the powerful could protect them from or at least bring them in contact with, were much easier to control.

What we have seen since is an attempt to roll back the advances made during the age of reason. Without exception the powerful go to great lengths to foster unreasonable beliefs or beliefs in their superhuman capabilities. Notice the increase in beliefs about aliens (fostered by some governments policy of leaking supposed 'classified' photographs and documents then denying their existence), the multitude of ghost spotting programs on TV, the political leaders calling on God to bless their next adventure or protect the poor and disadvantaged who can then be discarded, crop circles placed across the countryside, moon landings to show how the powerful can even cross the gulf of space are comparable with the shaman crossing the line between life and death and returning. It doesn't matter if the moon landing happaned or not, it was meant to be a symbolic venture to affirm the amazing capabilities of the state, in effect actually doing the impossible (almost superhuman?).

In a nutshell what is happening is that logic and reason is being discouraged or at least confused by contradictory messages and symbolic actions, the proposed re-uniting of church and state, endless repitition of the ghost-exorcist-alien-crop circle theme on TV and the creation of boogie men-like enemies that we need to be protected from (the enemies can be real people, economic disasters, plagues and natural disasters). The goal is to destroy public confidence in their own logic and reason and re-introduce the old fears about the chaotic and supernatural world which in turn makes control over democracies so much easier for the elite. In effect there is an ongoing attempt to return to the days before the age of reason where people were just too afraid to question their leaders.

The next question of course is, are we the common people allowing this to happen willingly? Are the new fears that come with reason and logic harder to bear than the old fears which religion and supernatural beliefs gave us comfort??

Does anyone believe in a third dimension? There is a third dimension to this discussion that rarely gets talked about. This will be a long and wide ranging post so I hope you can bear with me for a bit! (it will discuss aliens, ghosts and moon landings!)
I believe so absolutely :) But then does this overlap with quantum physics ?
I know it's a children's book and really not quite the same, but ever read "The boy who reversed himself" ?
I take all talk of the supernatural, paranormal, ghosts etc. with a huge pinch of salt (which the vast and overruling majority is about), but there's certainly more than meets the eye, that's for sure.

If you guys like/LOVE ghosts, watch Ghost Hunters in the US on SciFi (don't know if it is on in the UK). In both the US and the UK watch Most Haunted on the Travel Channel, ran by Discovery. GHOST HUNTERS is on at Wednesday and MOST HAUNTED on Fridays

i watched some alien program not long ago, and steven hawkins was doing this mahooisve eqaution about the universe, and at the end he concluded that was how to work out how many galaxys in the universe have established life on them, think about it, mars is very similar to earth, on tv before ihave seen that plannets tend to keep repeating themselves, say cooling, heating, and over again over millions of years, mars, is sed to have very earthlike remains on it, such as salt and water in the sand, people also think that the masrs as it is is alot like earth before it was established life, what if earth was given life from a higher cause ? the bible theory seems to all in all lead to a great leader who started humanity, could be a higher being ? the darwin theory of evolution means we are all related to any living creature over milenia, including dust mites and plants. how did life start ? iseen a program on it but it is still unclear how it actually started. some believe that in the earths early stages in its planetery life it was impacted by thousands of meteors and that these meteors were frozen and icy, and had on them a large amount of hard water,hard water is found on the earth but is believed to have originaly came from space on frozen asteroids. could this of sparked life ? or something else,
also i read on a forum soemwhere on here that those " water bears " or something can live in space, isnt that jsut telling you that there is something else out there.
just thought id mention all that, anyone agree/disagree ?
regards kubora666

Yes Kubora, Water Bears can live in space, I believe I made that thread also!

Well they can live in space, according to Animal Planet

I believe in all that kind of paranormal and extraterrestrial stuff, but I would really like picture proof...

Most reactions

Back