Ghost?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppydude that first pic is one of the most succesful hoax's ever, its a fake, i dont think anyone will ever prove that there are ghost out there, i on the other hand believe in UFO'S anyone else here?

If by UFOs you mean aliens...

[sarcasm]

I believe in UFOs, I really believe that alien life forms more intelligent than us would spend eons travelling across the universe with the ability to cloak themselves from our radar and other tracking, and then kidnap idiots from the back of beyond and perform experiments on them rather than attempt some actual contact with us.

[/sarcasm]

There is life out there, in an infinte univers it seems harder to believe that life ISN'T existing in other places. But Aliens are not already here (sorry to any David Icke followers or Raelians).

But obviously UFOs exist, they are a classification for objects that are flying that the radar has not been able to identify.

-edit- from Wiki: Studies show that between 50 and 90% of all reported UFO sightings are identified. 10-20% are not identified and the rest are garbage cases with insufficient evidence to follow up.

Heh, the goverment does so much secret crap theres no telling if their alien space craft or just uncle sam playing with his new toys. :D

I definately belive that there is other intelligent life out there, if not then purhaps somthing as simple as bacteria, i think it's extreamly unlikely that there wouldn't be. Can't comment on the abductions thogh, i know there have been psychological studies done on people who say they have been abducted and most of them had proven to be compulsive liers by nature, but untill its caught on camera no one will know for sure.

I really believe that alien life forms more intelligent than us would spend eons travelling across the universe
Not quite eons, if they are capable of reaching the speed of light (the fastest anything can travle), carbon based matter (aliens and all) expand and they seemingly can jump throgh time, completely stopping all ageing on their bodys. It would be like us sending a man at the speed of light maybe one light-year from earth and then haveing him come back at the same speed of light. To him it would take be 2 years, but to use it would be a hundred or so. So in theory if aliens had this technology, it would still take them a very long time to get here, but they would be able to survive the travle here and back. ^And all of the above is a therory that NASA came up with, im not sure if its acurate or not.^ :shrug: (Theres also teh theory of worms holes, but thats differant) :)

EDIT: And i had no idea that the picture i posted was fake, i got it form a site that claimed it was authentic and from the 1800's, so i just figured it would be real, my bad.

Though my understanding of the theory of relativity is that no one, and no physical object, can reach the speed of light as it would take more energy than is in the universe...

This one really freaked me out when I was younger, apparently taken 'inside Newby Church, N Yorkshire, in the early 1960s, by Revd KF Lord. He saw nothing at the time. ' Now, I know it couldn't have been too brilliantly photedited, becasue the book I saw it in was published way before the technology for this sort of thing existed.
altar2.jpg

This one really freaked me out when I was younger, apparently taken 'inside Newby Church, N Yorkshire, in the early 1960s, by Revd KF Lord. He saw nothing at the time. ' Now, I know it couldn't have been too brilliantly photedited, becasue the book I saw it in was published way before the technology for this sort of thing existed.
altar2.jpg

I do believe in ghosts and have experienced bizarre things in a previouse flat in glasgow but this picture is also fake, I had a book when I was young aswell and remember this one (unexplained mysteries I think it was called) but I think its just a double exposoure (Im not a photographer so i dont know the term used).

I always love the ghost posts (OHh..that rhymes)

altar2.jpg

I have an old halloween costume that looks exactly like that :lol:

A theory, in the context of science, is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a certain natural phenomena. A theory typically describes the behavior of much broader sets of phenomena than a hypothesis — commonly, a large number of hypotheses may be logically bound together by a single theory.

Scientists never claim absolute knowledge. Unlike a mathematical proof, a proven scientific theory is always open to falsification, if new evidence is presented. Even the most basic and fundamental theories may turn out to be imperfect if new observations are inconsistent with them. Critical to this process is making every relevant aspect of research publicly available, which permits peer review of published results, and also allows ongoing review and repeating of experiments and observations by multiple researchers operating independently of one another. Only by fulfilling these expectations can it be determined how reliable the experimental results are for potential use by others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science

It is not just the random thoughts of someone sitting around one day.

And I have been slightly corrected, the reason an object with a rest mass of more than 0 cannot reach the speed of light is because as it does so it would reach infinite mass, and therefore require infinite energy to do so (though the basic point I made was still essentially correct, eh Ptar? ;) )

That "it's just a theory" statement is found all too often in Creationism arguments, mostly due to a lack of understanding of the difference between a normal person's theory, and a Theory in the context of science.

Well if you think about it, just about everything is based upon theorys, life, science, government, psychology, religion. Very little is actually set in stone as the possibilitys of every thing are near infinite.

It looks like the camera was moved very quickly at the end. but the little sparks are bizzarre.

Who gave it to you?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back