FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
I cannot beleive it.........u guys told me that they are peaceful

but once or twice a week i find one of my neons missing... then today i ahve lost my fourth neon..........i have seen my shrimps EAT CHEW YA HEARD? EAT CHEW..and i have finaly..cannot stant it, i had to..get all of my shrimps out and they went down the toilet........

kevin007 said:

but once or twice a week i find one of my neons missing... then today i ahve lost my fifth neon..........i have seen my shrimps EAT CHEW YA HEARD? EAT CHEW..and i have finaly..cannot stant it, i had to..get all of my shrimps out and they went down the toilet........
you are ####ed up, whether the shrimps really killed your neon tetras or not. I bet they just love to die from cholrine and other funny stuff in your toilet piping

your neon tetras probably died from something else and ghost shrimps decide to scavenge the remains. Did I mention that ghost shrimps don't have the equiptment or the speed needed to kill a fish? Good job, you killed a handful for nothing.

That was a very uneducated thing to do Firstly you could have put them in a bowl of water and seen if the neons kept dissapearing the shrimp may be cleaning up dead neons thus preventing desease from spreading more rapidly. and secondly depending on your location geographicaly you might cause a ghost shrimp infestation or spread desease and parasites from your tank to the waters around you. And If your neons where adults there is no way a ghost shrimp could have caught one if the temp in your tank was below 90 degrees so assuming you had ghost shrimp you need to study more. and you need to read up on proper euthenasia methods

Opcn

Are you sure they weren't prawn,Kevin? Ghosties are usually peaceful but prawn are minions of the devil :sly: they're pure evil IMO.Very territorial and pinchy,they chase everybody out of their area and they do eat fish ,I lost many a kuhli loach that way.

I have ghost shrimp with my neons and haven't seen any problems at all.

And are you sure they are ghost shrimp?

My other half often rescues one or two ghost shrimp from the the 150 or so i feed to my fish every week and they have always been fine with her small fish like neons and glowlights.

That Was such a stupid thing to do. My shrimp is so nice and has such character that killing him would be like murder. He lives in a small tank with loads of tetras and has necer touched them. What you think he plucked them out of the Water??? Ha ha they probably died because of bad water conditions and he was just hovering up the left overs.

In the past I have kept 5 ghost shrimp in my community set up WITH neons and other small fish WITH NO deaths caused by the ghosts......I find it hard to beleive that they have the power to kill even the smallest of fish????

I think it's sad that someone with the title "Leader of the Fishies" would post that they did something so irresponsible and cruel. Remember before you post something that newbies look to this forum for knowledge, and number of post is often times interpreted as experience and intelect.

kevin007 said:

but once or twice a week i find one of my neons missing... then today i ahve lost my fifth neon..........i have seen my shrimps EAT CHEW YA HEARD? EAT CHEW..and i have finaly..cannot stant it, i had to..get all of my shrimps out and they went down the toilet........
not only is this post not very easy to read, your ignorance is astonishing. If they were ghost shrimps they were doing what you bought them for, CLEANING UP. :no: I wish people would get educated.

i cant believe u killed them! they had the right to live... go get threm outa there :p

u can easily keep them in a bowl and add sum gravel... itdd look cool in its self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back