ghost shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kittyuk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got two grass/ghost shrimp today, male and female, female carrying eggs.
An article I read says that the female looks after the young, but what chances have the young of surviving in a community tank? The tank has Leopard danios, one betta, three mollies and three clown loaches in, and the shrimp of course! The tank is well planted and has bogwood and rocks in. Could the female shrimp protect her young?

In most cases the baby shrimp will become fish food or the parents will eat them. In the past I have bred the regular ghost shrimp and have seen the adults pick them off.
From past experience the best thing is to have them alone or alot of them in a heavly planted tank. The young shrimp like to scavange the bottom and climb on the plants stems / leaves. If they are exposed to fish the chances are slim they will survive unless, tehre is tons of cover and they are well fed. And even then you still have the chance that the fish will pick them of as they are seen.
Danny

Daaa, thats what bhappens when you are uyp till 2 am answering post. LOLOOL. a's look like E's and e's look like A's. And not to metion I am the typo king. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Danny

There fixed it so they wont think it was a pass. LOLOL

LOL :D Looks like danny need sleep :crazy: Keyboard getting blurred :crazy: Too many words :hyper: Ah ha

.......and I thought you were calling me sweet! :wub:

:blush: ;)

I've just found some pale orange eggs amongst the gravel. Would they be discarded/infertile shrimp eggs?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back