Ghost shrimp or RCS tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gouramiii

Reaction score
i have a planted 10g and I want a shrimp tank so I can see multiple generations of shrimp, but I'm unsure if I should go ghost or rcs.. rcs are nice but are expensive whereas I can get ghost shrimp 64¢ a pop..

If I get ghost shrimp will they be able to reproduce or will they decimate all the babies that are born?

ghost shrimp ive rarely seen breed (in any of my own tanks) and when they did the fry died, CS are expensive (slightly) but breed like made when the temp is 80 degrees F. Make sure you have the right water parameters for CS though. And if you get CS I suggest planting your tank.

i have a planted 10g and I want a shrimp tank so I can see multiple generations of shrimp, but I'm unsure if I should go ghost or rcs.. rcs are nice but are expensive whereas I can get ghost shrimp 64¢ a pop..

If I get ghost shrimp will they be able to reproduce or will they decimate all the babies that are born?

I would be careful with RCS. They breed like crazy. I started out with one male and two female in a 6 g. My tank got infested with them and had to get rid of a lot. In my opinion I would get 3 or 4 ghost shrimp.

If your RCS breed like crazy thats a good thing, I get $1 each for them from my LFS. 20 shrimp =20 bucks.

If your RCS breed like crazy thats a good thing, I get $1 each for them from my LFS. 20 shrimp =20 bucks.

That's a pretty good deal! I don't have RCS anymore. I had a hitchiker in one of my plants and he ate all of the RCS. That was one hungry killifish! The good news at the time was he ate all of my pest pond snails too!

You can never have too many RCS

Er.. well i bought 20 ghost shrimp.. Though when i was transferring them from the bag into a net, one jumped out the net and fell into a spider web..

I did not want to reach my hand into the hole to retrieve it.. So whatever spiders reside in there should have a tasty aqua snack. :(

Last edited:
de5f5d9914f4bb94e0c83dfb24978d3d.jpg
8191d3ee820ea9f1c4c747e9273b2fb6.jpg
f82ad6ac262a20364c0060e3c695cb40.jpg
1f9fa5a2447e607d85a225f69df13a80.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back