Getting Some Exodons Finally!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hotdogoramer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was wondering if i can keep 4 for one week in a tank, without having the exodons cannibalize. it will only be for 1 week, till the lfs orders me 6 more...

I was wondering if i can keep 4 for one week in a tank, without having the exodons cannibalize. it will only be for 1 week, till the lfs orders me 6 more...
Great choice,very active fish.Had eight for over two years.Last week found one dead and in half on the bottom.I think my flowerhorn probably got it as he chases them and gets very close every time.
4 might be ok for a week but you'll have to watch as they constantly chase each other around and nip each other.Good luck!

Have you bought them already?

If not I would ask if you could reserve them, and collect all 10 (hopefully) at once?

Ps. exodons are great fish, from the videos I've seen they swarm better than piranha.

The problem is with the lfs people, they dont want exodons in their tanks anymore due to their agressiveness, so i m taking their pervious shipment before they kill anything else, and i knew 4 wasnt enough, so i told them to order 4 more while i take the other 4 home, because they were about to become oscar food

In that case I would just take them, if they were going to be used as feeders anyway. Any chance you could order more than 4? Bump up the shoal to 12+ if tank (and wallet) size allows? From what I know, they really are better in larger groups.

In that case I would just take them, if they were going to be used as feeders anyway. Any chance you could order more than 4? Bump up the shoal to 12+ if tank (and wallet) size allows? From what I know, they really are better in larger groups.

they are $15 a piece, so i can only get 6 more, which would be 10 in all, shouldnt 10 be enough?

10 should be ok (I believe 8 is the recommended minimum) though more would be preferable.

My now 7 are fine,but the more the better.What part of the country are you from?I would like to add at least another 3.

I was just wondering because they are difficult to find in many places,including here in the toronto area.

Yeah it was strange for me to find some too, i have been looking for them for ages, then i called the lfs and they said they happened to be on the availability list with one of the suppliers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back