Getting Rid of Snails

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Is that a green phantom 😍
It's actually a Blue Phantom but quite a green-blue. The Green Phantom tend to be more yellow green with more yellowish fins.

But there's some speculation that they are really just two color variants of the same species, being that they are found in different areas of the Orinoco river. It does seem like they get more yellow green as you go further down river.

👌🏻😍ahhhh nice….I came across some hobbyists when I was shopping at a lfs ..before I realized it we gathered and chat about green and blue phantoms..I love plecos so i naturally couldn’t leave lol

do you have problems raising ?? The guy that was talking about it had some troubles..he said water changes at 100% then it lives ..water change at 10% then it died on him ..so I think he’s gotten 3 all so hard to raise. He loves them too and I was just glued to it all 😍just love plecos

It's actually a Blue Phantom but quite a green-blue. The Green Phantom tend to be more yellow green with more yellowish fins.

But there's some speculation that they are really just two color variants of the same species, being that they are found in different areas of the Orinoco river. It does seem like they get more yellow green as you go further down river.
Ph I can see the blue on the tail now that you mention ..looks so healthy ❣️

👌🏻😍ahhhh nice….I came across some hobbyists when I was shopping at a lfs ..before I realized it we gathered and chat about green and blue phantoms..I love plecos so i naturally couldn’t leave lol

do you have problems raising ?? The guy that was talking about it had some troubles..he said water changes at 100% then it lives ..water change at 10% then it died on him ..so I think he’s gotten 3 all so hard to raise. He loves them too and I was just glued to it all 😍just love plecos

No problems so far. Our tap water tends to be softer on the PH scale.

Blue Plecos are reasonably hardy once acclimated, but it can be tricky to acclimate them. I used a drip method while acclimating. Then afterward I usually pay special attention to where the newly acclimated fish hang out. In my case, the Blue Pleco was hanging out near the top of the tank, which fish normally do when they need more oxygen at the surface exchange point. So I lowered the water level just enough to cause the water return to create more surface disturbance as it drops water down onto the surface. More surface disturbance = greater oxygen exchanged at the surface. Often time when people put bubblers in their tank, they think the bubbles themselves are the point at which the oxygen is added, but it's actually when the bubbles rise up and disturb the water's surface tension.

I was a bit risky with mine as I was still in the final stages of cycling my tank when I introduced him as well. But it all worked out fine. Lots of water changes during cycling.

Now I do an approx 15-20% water change once per week.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back