Getting A 30 Gallon, What To Stock?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FBTgirl2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a general idea of what I want to put in the 30 gallon I am getting soon, but what do you guys think I could stock in it? I don't want basic guppies or something, I have a 15 gallon for them. Suggestions?

I would go for
3 apistogramma 1male 2females
6 corys or a small plec like a bristlenose
8 shoaling fish like tetra or rasbora
8 marble hatchets

I would go for
3 apistogramma 1male 2females
6 corys or a small plec like a bristlenose
8 shoaling fish like tetra or rasbora
8 marble hatchets

Can you tell us the filtration you'll have on the tank?

I don't know yet, I usually have Top Fin Power Filters. I don't have the tank yet so I don't know what type of filter Im going to get.

I would put the following:

1 Angelfish
School of Neon or Cardinal Tetras
3 Cory Cats
1 Bristlenose Pleco
Some anubias plants attached to mopani

I have this similar setup in my 46 gal but I have a breeding pair of Discus in it, I don't have the neons anymore as they all expired, I do have bristlenose, corys and I also have some shrimp.

I have a sand bottom with 3 large piece of mopani with Anubias growing on it, its a nice clam serene tank.

The reason I say one angel is the size of the tank you have plus they can be down right nasty if you end up with a pair, 2 males,2 females. Just keep one nice looking angel. I use to breed this guys years ago and they can be mean but one in a tank like yours would be a nice focal point.

Cheers
Bugsy

2x African Butterfly Fish
3x Congo Bushfish (Microctenopoma congicum)
3x Upside down catfish (Synodontis negriventis)
8x Congo Tetra (or Yellowtail Congo)
4x Steatocranus Cichlid youngsters (when a lifelong pair forms, may well need to move other two)
1x Synodontis Brichardi

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back