Get Well Soon Two Tank Amin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

We're communicating through his brother right now since he's sort of out of it but once we get an update we'll let you know.

Sorry to hear this, wishing TTA a smooth and speedy recovery.

Sorry about your accident, TTA!

Get well soon!

I just spotted this thread doing a search on Google for something else. I completely missed it being here until now.

I would like to thank you all for your kinds words. I am recovering slowly- due to be unstapled in 2 more days. I had to cancel my appearance on Dancing with the Stars though.

One thing, I did not fall, I tripped over a large rolled up piece of fencing we were about to put up to protect landscaping from deer over the winter. I am not quite old nor infirm enough yet to be falling :)

Glad to hear its getting better.  My wife will be disappointed about your cancelled appearance on DWTS.

Tripped, fell...either way it was a gravity-enhanced landing! We're glad you're back.

TwoTankAmin said:
I just spotted this thread doing a search on Google for something else. I completely missed it being here until now.

I would like to thank you all for your kinds words. I am recovering slowly- due to be unstapled in 2 more days. I had to cancel my appearance on Dancing with the Stars though.

One thing, I did not fall, I tripped over a large rolled up piece of fencing we were about to put up to protect landscaping from deer over the winter. I am not quite old nor infirm enough yet to be falling
smile.png

That made me wonder what your search term was that made you come up with this thread. And then I realised - you Googled your own username, didn't you?!?!?!?!?! :D

Perhaps you should raise the temperature and add salt :p

Seriously though, glad your getting better 
yes.gif

I think just clean water should get it done... with some rooibos tea. ;)

Yep Lock, you got me. I always get a kick out of a few things re names and google. If you search for TwoTankAmin it first gives results for the Egyptian king asking if I didn't mean that name instead. So you have to click on search instead for TTA and then you get 10,000+ hits. But the other side of the coin is if I search for my real name, I can find almost nothing at all. This is exactly as I want it to be. I tend to rely on view new posts a lot and, with my brother postiing here when I went down, that thread never showed up as new posts by the time I finally got back online.

But seaching for my own name has another motive to it. Over time Google makes changes to their algorythms. By searching my screen name I can see how these changes may be affecting things. Up until recently Google tended to improve its search capabilities. However, I see a change in this trend. it is now more about advertising than ever and finding meaningful/useful results has become harder. Fortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case for Google Scholar which gets the largest portion of my searches.

TwoTankAmin said:
Yep Lock, you got me. I always get a kick out of a few things re names and google. If you search for TwoTankAmin it first gives results for the Egyptian king asking if I didn't mean that name instead. So you have to click on search instead for TTA and then you get 10,000+ hits. But the other side of the coin is if I search for my real name, I can find almost nothing at all. This is exactly as I want it to be. I tend to rely on view new posts a lot and, with my brother postiing here when I went down, that thread never showed up as new posts by the time I finally got back online.

But seaching for my own name has another motive to it. Over time Google makes changes to their algorythms. By searching my screen name I can see how these changes may be affecting things. Up until recently Google tended to improve its search capabilities. However, I see a change in this trend. it is now more about advertising than ever and finding meaningful/useful results has become harder. Fortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case for Google Scholar which gets the largest portion of my searches.

I never realised the pharoah reference, that's actually a pun I would have been proud to have made up myself.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back