German Blue Ram fry on the way and I don't know what to feed!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kascopic

Reaction score
hi, ive noticed that my German blue rams have laid eggs and I don't know what I can feed the babies, ive heard dried egg yolk works?. also, should I separate the eggs from the main tank? or can I let the parents take care of them? what do I do? their dad is currently watching over them while mom rests

sorry for the poor image quality

Attachments

• IMG_6817.jpeg
    IMG_6817.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Do not move the eggs or disturb the parents. Just leave them to look after the eggs and babies.

You can feed the babies on newly hatched brineshrimp. You buy dry brineshrimp eggs from any pet shop, and you hatch the eggs in salt water. You can see brineshrimp hatcheries online, at YouTube or just google brineshrimp hatchery. You can make them from a 2 litre plastic drink bottle.

The following link has information about hatching brineshrimp, and boiled egg yolk.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish.448304/

Brineshrimp is always a good choice for baby fish. Do not disturb the eggs, lets nature take its course. :)

so I checked back on them this morning and all of the eggs were gone, I think the parents ate them overnight as I saw them pecking at them last night but still guarding them. they are still young fish and I was kind of expecting it as this was their first batch. now I can get a better setup for when they do lay again.

anyone know how long until they are able to lay again?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back