Geophagus Tapajos 'orangehead'

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Update time. The youngsters are about 10-11 weeks old and close or at 2 inch long total length.

Not great pics considering the lens I have but they move around alot expecting food. :X

geo16.jpg

geo18.jpg

geo19.jpg

This pic shows some of the orange/red colour starting to show on the head, dorsal and caudal fin.
geo20.jpg

Pic of the second batch going nuts expecting food. These are 3-4 weeks old.

geo17.jpg

They get so excited when I feed them that a few of the older onces have jumped clear out of the tank- and onto the floor. One actually died shortly after jumping out :/ I am now careful to put lid on fast after feeding.

At what age do they start showing any colour, I just bought 2 youngsters costing 12 pounds each, they were the last in stock and I'd also like to buy some from you.
The picture might be decieving, they are only one inch long.

Apparantly they start to develop proper colour when they are at 3 inches.

Some new fry in the main tank so I got the camera out. This is reasonable sized spawn where nearly all of the eggs hatched and most fry have survived for 2 days now in the big tank. The parents are getting the hang of this spawning business.

Female with fry

geo21.jpg

Male

geo22.jpg

Every time i keep looking at this thread and i want them more and more, yet they are so hard to find locally. I've pm'ed you with regards to a small group :)

The camera is a Canon 450D with a Tamron 90mm macro lens. The lens is top quality and camera is very decent I should use it more than I do, all I ever seem to take pics of is fish! :lol: I do really like the male geo with fry pic also, its now my pc wallpaper.

Verminator89 I will pm you when I get a quote for delivery and sort all delivery prep stuff up.. box, bags etc. Should be sometime this week.

The fry are now 2 1/4 inch long at about 3 months or less old, not bad at all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back