Gender on Angel.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I am not big into Angelfish. I have never had luck with them not being complete jerks. I have a new addition, a 3 year old koi angel who was returned because it was bullied. It has been hanging out in QT for the last couple weeks, fins are healed and the fish looks great. It was added after maintenance on my severum tank, getting on great with everyone like it has lived there forever.

I am not good at gendering Angels, some help or tips would be great. Then the next question, is if I can find the opposite sex, can I make a pair or will they just flip each other the fin. I would give the angels a tank their own if I can pair them, if not this one will just hang with the Sevs and Beaker.
20220528_200256.jpg

Even angelfish breeders are often confused -until they pair off.
Guess it is going to be the odd fish out. I was hoping there was some trick to it. I rather not grow out a half dozen Angels to find out. Been there, done that, it doesn't end well on my end as I seem to get the overly grumpy Angels. Plus, this fish is huge, it seems to like the Sevs so I guess that's something.

I agree it is either male or female. Almost impossible to tell until the breeding tube appear. The overall shape of this one does suggest Male. If I were to get a companion I would get a female.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back