Gasp shock horror!!!!!!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just had the fright of my life!!!!!!!!!1

Looked into my 2foot rearing on tank that contains along with other things my Freshwater Shrimp (large filter feeders) and what did i see?, the scattered remains of a shrimp :0 :angry:

My first reaction was to sit back and think of what could of attacked and killed a shrimp in that tank as it only contains Guppies, Tetras, a Fire Eel (juvenile), Killifish and some fancy Pleco's?..........none of these could have attacked and killed a Shrimp that is at least 5 times the size of them i thought......can you see where this is leading? lol

Anyway to cut a long story short................Shrimps are like Crabs in that they shead their carapaces as they grow and hide whilst the new carapace (shell) hardens lol......................................................................how could i be so stupid as to forget this? lol :p , well its been a hard day is my excuse lol

A little bit of rumaging in the tank later found the Shrimp hiding behind a piece of bogwood much to my relief lol

God im sooooooooo stupid sometimes lol :p , but at least this story has a happy ending lol :laugh:

Doh. Things like that can be scarey when you have a lapse in concentration. Clown loaches are good at that as they tend to sleep on their sides.

Yeah and even on thier backs :0

Clown Loach is a very appropriate name i think lol :laugh:

Had a shrimp do that to me in my reef tank the day after I brought him home. Had me worried for a day till I spotted him again.

Pete, Just a quick note. If that give you the fright of your life, You might want to add a little exitement every now and then.. :) :D :laugh:

My clowns all do the sleep on the back thing. But when they do it's where I cant see them anyway. So this morning I come out turn on the light (the loaches normally scatter for the first 5 minutes the lights are on,) 3 of my 4 loaches scatter. The fourth just lays there like he's dead. Turns out He went drinking with his buddies (they bought him a bear or two) for his birthday. Once he realized the light was on he started to swim away. Only thing it looked like a fish was drunk. The funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Well he's fine now but I told them no more bear parties in the tank. Rose

What was it you said you were feeding them again? lmao :laugh:

My advice to you is to add a couple of aspirine and call me in the morning if he's still got a headache lol :p :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back