garlic melting...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
so.. i have a jar full of random plants, and the garlic was going strong for a few months, but this week, suddenly melted... roots still there.. what happened???

so.. i have a jar full of random plants, and the garlic was going strong for a few months, but this week, suddenly melted... roots still there.. what happened???
I assume you just had the roots of the garlic submerged yeh? Were you replenishing the water? Is there any nutrients in the water (a layer of soil)? Or were you providing a liquid feed? Theres a chance the garlic ran out of nitrogen/phosphate/potassium

How do you keep garlic, gloves or bulbs ? They would have been partially rotten before planting?
Or, too "young" manure ?

Last edited:
I'm assume he's growing them hydro/aqua-ponically
hydroponically.
I assume you just had the roots of the garlic submerged yeh? Were you replenishing the water? Is there any nutrients in the water (a layer of soil)? Or were you providing a liquid feed? Theres a chance the garlic ran out of nitrogen/phosphate/potassium
theres some bladder snail poop, it is just a jar with some bladder snails, pothos, and duckweed and monstera. i dont really keep trackj of it lol. probably ran out of nutrients, it is now just hollow roots because the bulb is gone...

Garlic and other bulbs won't tolerate wet feet and cannot be grown hydroponically or in an aquaponics system. The bulbs will rot.

If you want to grow garlic, get a 30cm pot. put some shade cloth in the bottom to stop the potting mix going out the holes. Fill the pot with a basic potting mix. Add some garlic bulbs from the supermarket. Water and fertilise as required.

Garlic and other bulbs won't tolerate wet feet and cannot be grown hydroponically or in an aquaponics system. The bulbs will rot.

If you want to grow garlic, get a 30cm pot. put some shade cloth in the bottom to stop the potting mix going out the holes. Fill the pot with a basic potting mix. Add some garlic bulbs from the supermarket. Water and fertilise as required.
thanks, so thats why! it cannot be kept in water for too long

Garlic and other bulbs can't be kept in water at all. They are designed to dry out, not have wet feet or become water logged.

The only bulb I know of that likes wet feet is the water chestnut and these have their roots in water but most of the plant above water.

I've been giving my Betta a small (pellet size) piece of garlic twice a week, he's never been infested.
Also castoroil is very effective in cas of constipation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back