Gardneri Hatching Help.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tuxyu3

Fish Addict
Reaction score
A few days ago I received my Gardneri eggs. The seller told me the incubation time was around 20 days but I read (from multiple sites) that it was closer to 14 days so put them in on the 20th instead of the 26th. They are in dechlorinated, 20 degree water with a small airline on a slow setting. I added microworms (very few) as I read that having these around makes the eggs feel as if thy are in a natural environment. No eggs have hatched as of yet, did I do it all wrong? What should I do next?

Just in case anyone is watching and/or suffering the same problem i thought i would update by saying things are starting to look up.
Yesterday i noticed a tiny little fry darting about. Today i noticed two more, seeing how the first one is still alive after 24 hours of free swimming i am assuming (touchwood) that he must have eaten. By the way he is called Bilbao, when i say he i mean whichever one i happen to be looking at :).

A few fry now, largest must be at least 1cm:

SAM_0421.jpg

SAM_0423.jpg

SAM_0429.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

SAM_0431.jpg

SAM_0432.jpg

SAM_0435.jpg

Hard to take pics of these guys.....

72DA92F7-B56E-43EC-BF58-17144BAC0B22-859-0000009CE09911BF_zpsce10e0dd.jpg

nice pics, i couldnt even dream of getting pics of my fry on my cam lol, my fry are aprox 2 months old now, any ideas when they can go in a proper tankw ith heater and filter etc?

Sorry i did not see your post until now for some reason. How big are your fry? What species are they? Mine are probably half a centimetre bigger now than in these pics so they grow at a pretty fast rate, if yours are like that i can't imagine it would be long. I'm hoping to have this fry tank taken down and the killi's in display tanks by Christmas.

PS. Can you sex the fry yet? Out of curiosity how many males and females are there?

Most reactions

trending

Back