Garden In Bloom 2005 (Dial up warning!) - Updated!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CathyG

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Garden030.jpg

Garden029.jpg

Garden032.jpg

Garden035.jpg

Garden037.jpg

Garden049.jpg

Garden059.jpg

JaksPics008.jpg

JaksPics028.jpg

JaksPics040.jpg

JaksPics045.jpg

Beautiful flowers :D
I'm not too keen on the bugs in the 7th picture though, but hey! It's nature I guess :p

Thank you all :)

Talisman, all the pics are 100k ish, none are touched up etc since I neither have the software or the know how lol! I used MS Paint to resize them to 75% that's all.

Erised, I know what you mean! :D I used a bugbuster shortly after the pics, but I was careful to ensure it was one kind to bees (we have a lot of bees, and they help propagate the garden)

The last four pics were taken by my 9 year old son, proving the camera to be very forgiving!

Wow thats fantastic, I especially like the flowers in the 7th pic and the pea in the last, that blue snapdragon is pretty good looking too.

Thank you, Tokis :)

Opcn said:
Wow thats fantastic, I especially like the flowers in the 7th pic and the pea in the last, that blue snapdragon is pretty good looking too.
[snapback]824840[/snapback]​

Thank you too, Opcn :) The flower in the 7th pic is a Lupin, some of which were attacked quite badly by Aphids :grr: They have died back now, as have the wild Sweet Pea in the last and most of the other flowers in the first post.

The beauty of a balanced garden is as one species goes to seed, another takes its place (pics below) I have only lived here a little over a month, and it is exciting waiting to see what else will bloom! :D

Hollyhock. I have pinks and yellows outside the bay window to the front of the house (These now stand almost 7 feet tall!):

Garden083.jpg

Bell Heather (in the rockery around the garden pond):

Garden080.jpg

Poppies:

Garden085.jpg

Garden087.jpg

Chrysanths:

Garden149.jpg

Dahlia:

Garden151.jpg

Honeysuckle (which has materialised through the branches of an evergreen bush)

Garden153.jpg

A garden shot. Immediately left is a "wall" of Bearded Irises, which have now been cut down. Next are the rockeries around the pond, then rear centre is the Bramley apple tree (prize winning!) Far right is a silver birch, this tree is sadly dead - all bar one huge limb. I am thinking of taking down the tree to just above the limb and growing a clematis around the trunk to add some colour to that corner.

Garden070.jpg

Here are some bold visitors to the garden! :) This fox gatecrashed a barbecue, and hung around all evening despite the people and flash cameras. A couple of weeks later he brought a friend to visit another barbecue, this time there were over 50 people out there! :rofl:

Garden131.jpg

Butterfly (it kept landing on us, lol!)

Garden117.jpg

Robin - feeding right above my head (in the Bramley apple tree)

Garden183.jpg

:)

wow - nice garden - how do you have time to keep up with that and keep fish ?

Its a water change / mow lawn rota and thats all i get time to do :(

we moved to a new house - none of that character... :/

Hi smithrc! :) LOL! It has been a pleasure so far! (awaiting the heavy work, and thankful the lawn is slow growing until we can afford a petrol mower!!) If I had only the garden and the fish, I would be fine, since all of the care is relaxing for me...it is when such care is interrupted by the demands of children that I am brought down to earth with a thump :p Oh, and work! Work and kids, they are a chore and a pleasure, gardens and fish are "me" time ;)

My hubby daren't touch the tank, but he has topped up the pond a couple of times. Mowing the lawn has always been a "blue" job :D Funny, since we don't own a mower and had to borrow his mum's electric one - it took him all morning! He does the washing and food shopping too! :D

Aw! :) It was this garden that sold this house to me. The last house had a playing field out the front - though a very small garden out the back, with no sun and only 6" soil! When we moved there the children were babies, and we thought the garden "manageable" and as they got older they could play football on the field. I knew that where we live, land is a premium, and we would not get that kind of outlook again. Then we found this place, and we have broke our backs and our bank to get it :eek: :)

Thank you, Blue Ice! :) The fox is a bit of a celebrity in my garden, lol! The kids call him Cody.

I am not sure what the flower is in that pic is, but they are truly beautiful. The cobweb and the dandelion seed were captured accidentally though :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back