Fx4 question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mb7640

Reaction score
I have a 125 gallon tank with 2 blood parrots, one angel fish, 2 electric blue acara, 2 corresponding, red tail shark and 2 Geophagus sveni and 2 chocolate cichlid. Currently I'm using 2 fluval 407s. I was using the online fish calculator and it says I'm lacking in filtration. I'm thinking of replacing one of the 407 with a fx4. That way I will have a fx4 and a 407. Wanted to hear what people think. I was looking at a fx6 but it looks like it will not fit in the cabinet since it's 24 inches inside. With the fx4 and 407 my filtration will go from 72 percent to 126 percent. The chocolate cichlids are still small at 2 inches

I have a 125 gallon tank with 2 blood parrots, one angel fish, 2 electric blue acara, 2 corresponding, red tail shark and 2 Geophagus sveni and 2 chocolate cichlid. Currently I'm using 2 fluval 407s. I was using the online fish calculator and it says I'm lacking in filtration. I'm thinking of replacing one of the 407 with a fx4. That way I will have a fx4 and a 407. Wanted to hear what people think. I was looking at a fx6 but it looks like it will not fit in the cabinet since it's 24 inches inside. With the fx4 and 407 my filtration will go from 72 percent to 126 percent. The chocolate cichlids are still small at 2 inches
I think it will be an improvement,
Also, the website you used might be calculating your bio-load for all full-sized fish, so it is good preparation for when the chocolates grow up

I think it will be an improvement,
Also, the website you used might be calculating your bio-load for all full-sized fish, so it is good preparation for when the chocolates grow up
Thank you I was thinking the same thing it may show for full grown.

Stocking isn’t great. The cichlids will fight with one another. I would suggest sticking with the parrots, angels, or geos and getting rid of the lot. Forming a group from there. Add some dithers.

I have an Fx5. My only regret is not changing the tubing. The standard tubing is hard ribbed plastic. The ribs cause detritus to get stuck in there, and the tubes crack easily. I’m switching to clear plastic tubing soon. Mine cracked right here.
BEFA021F-5B1C-457A-A4DB-AD89937806E2.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back