Fuzzy stuff growing on the plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just did a complete water change. Took betta out with a cup, placed him in a small bowl, poured all the water out of his tank, poured hot water in the tank, stirred the gravel, poured the dirty water out, repeated several times, washed and scrubbed the plants, castle, decorations, and hidey hole with a toothbrush and soaked them, replanted the plants, put the castle, decorations, and hideyhole back in, put the aged water in the tank, and finally, put the fish in with the cup. Whew! That took me quite some time and energy! The water looks MUCH cleaner now, though. I'm so proud of myself. :D I just hope that whatever that stuff was does not come back....:unsure:

Congrats on the cleaning, had to give one of mine a clean today, think I'll cut back on the algae tablets for the bristlnose pleco.

I thought you posted in Oddballs that your Betta had died?

How big is your tank?

From what I understand, the bad thing about what you did is that your tank is going to have to cycle again.
If you totally cleaned down everything and replaced the water, your tank would have to start the cycling process over again I would think.

:/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back