Fungus or what?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aarendse

Reaction score
I need help. I have researched the heck out of fungus in aquariums and I cannot find anything that looks like what is in my tank. It might not be. But I don't know what else it could be. It started growing this week and is on a few live plants and the glass next to them. My parameters are good, 76°F, lights on for 8 hours a day (to control algae), might be slightly over stocked but I only feed what they devour in about 5 mins. Any ideas here?

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_133224845.jpg
    IMG_20211127_133224845.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20211127_123536303.jpg
    IMG_20211127_123536303.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 90
I'm relatively new to fish keeping but this absolutely baffles me... It could be a fungus but normally fungi stay on wood or plants (as far as I know)... It could be some form of algae but ive never seen an algae like this, ever... I'm sure someone knows what it is on here, you just got to wait for the right person to be online. I'm interested as well to see what it could be

I need help. I have researched the heck out of fungus in aquariums and I cannot find anything that looks like what is in my tank. It might not be. But I don't know what else it could be. It started growing this week and is on a few live plants and the glass next to them. My parameters are good, 76°F, lights on for 8 hours a day (to control algae), might be slightly over stocked but I only feed what they devour in about 5 mins. Any ideas here?
I know this is reaching... But I wonder if it could be a form of eggs... What all do you have in your tank?

This looks very similar to something posted in another thread a couple months back. Which reminds me, that issue then was never resolved, at least I did not see the final answer. Maybe other members will recall this.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back