Fungus growing on wound

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oh ok, thanks. But his wound is still there and I was thinking of using melafix to treat the wound. How long should I be giving salt baths to the gourami? Can the medicine be harmful to the fish?
Ive always been told, never use a med with the word "fix" in there... As for how long I do not know... And yes some medications can do more harm than good

Sorry that I have so many questions but what about the bloating and my gouramis huge belly, is it just being fed too much or something else? Is the reddening on the lips a sign of something?
If the fish is eating well, then monitor its poop. If it's white and stringy, the fish has an internal problem and that could be causing the bloating. If the poop is coloured and normal, then the fish is just fat.

------------------
Oh ok, thanks. But his wound is still there and I was thinking of using melafix to treat the wound. How long should I be giving salt baths to the gourami? Can the medicine be harmful to the fish?
Don't give fish salt baths because you can damage them every time you catch them and lift them out of the water. You also weaken them when you chase them around the tank with a net.

Just add salt to the tank with the fish so you kill the fungus and other harmful organisms in the main aquarium where the fish lives.

Dose rates for salt are in post #2.

This depends on the salt amounts in the water... If your fish is sick the salt baths help him... Also what do you mean by constant?

Let me also put this in prospective... If you are getting a serious heart surgery you'd have to be put under anesthesia no questions asked... BUT, lets say you had to get a small finger surgery for a splinter that went fairly deep... You would only need a numbing shot to cope.

Basically your fish isnt on deaths bed and doesnt need some harsh medication, it just needs some light salt.
Maybe constantly as in twice a day? He isn’t looking too well now though.
844B8802-F64A-40F3-84A6-CDAEC9E5C3B7.jpeg

That is one very poorly looking fish......think I would be inclined to put the poor thing out of its misery

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back