Fundulopanchax Gardneri

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wildbetta

Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I recently got a trio of killis from my LFS.  They are fundulopanchax gardneri but particular strain--I am not sure.  I have them set up in a 10 gallon --  heated to mid 70'sF and spongefilter for filtration and aireation.  Has some driftwood, big pebbles for substrate (at the moment), and moss/elodea/duckweed for plants.  Feeding golden pearls, frozen bbs, decap bbs, and microworms.

They are quick little buggers and are hard to grab pics of so bear with me if they don't seem all "in focus". LOL

Their home (plan is to add more pebbles and more moss as possible)

When I first got them

Here are some updated pics taken this morning

Lovely! Particularly like the plant pots! Might try to get a couple of mini ones for my (future) betta tank and they could double up as caves!

Boyden said:
Stunning!  Did you manage to find out which sub species they were?
I have not and until I can get a really good in focus shot of the male, I don't believe I will be able to.  The LFS only knows they are F. Gardneri which is good for them because these are not something they normally keep in the store.  So far they have not tried to jump that I have noticed but since I keep bettas(which are big time jumpers) all my tanks are fully covered to prevent jumping.

Wildbetta said:
Stunning!  Did you manage to find out which sub species they were?
I have not and until I can get a really good in focus shot of the male, I don't believe I will be able to.  The LFS only knows they are F. Gardneri which is good for them because these are not something they normally keep in the store.  So far they have not tried to jump that I have noticed but since I keep bettas(which are big time jumpers) all my tanks are fully covered to prevent jumping.
This site should help you ID your Killi's

:good:

http://www.killi.co.uk/

Mamashack said:
Lovely! Particularly like the plant pots! Might try to get a couple of mini ones for my (future) betta tank and they could double up as caves!

I love these little pots.  I use them in all my tanks in several sizes for caves and hideouts for my fish and shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back