Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

white bread in America has either human hair or duck feathers in it…
That’s precisely why I think white bread is stupid and shouldn’t be served anywhere. It literally had no nutritional value. I only eat whole wheat or honey wheat.

I used to bake all my own bread and I loved it. Unfortunately it no longer loves me. But mine didn't have hair and duck feathers

Only those two types?!!! I love homemade breads, so much yummier, and without the hair and duck feathers!!!
Yeahhh no thanks. Homemade bread is bussin', but it takes a long time to make. When I'm eating sandwiches, its usually because I need to snarf down a quick meal to leave for something. :lol:

306832745_5505169139578040_1192960463217195929_n.png

I am a Bread Baker by trade.

Facts about Bread.
1. The Baker tries to put in their dough as few ingredients as possible.
2. We try to put in as much water as possible (as it is basically free)
3. We develop cultivates of wheat that will give us the maximum water absorption. That wheat will have a high protein content (Gluten).

It is the high protein content (Gluten) in the flour that is causing people to become Gluten intolerant.
Bread Bakers are treated as an essential service; therefore they must keep the price down, we do that by having Flour with a high protein level.
This is part of the modern revolution of baking.

The total ingredient content based on Flour weight in a loaf of Bread is less than 5% that includes Yeast.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back