Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

People didn’t know a lot then lol this was also the days that indoor plumbing and toilets weren’t a thing, so people would do their business in a bucket then when it was full they would pour it out of their window into the street

I didn’t think this was inappropriate ? There are no derogatory words in there or anything offensive? It’s a truth about history? It’s no more inappropriate that some of the other comments on here?

Common misconception-

Slaves built the pyramids

The pyramids were actually built by very skilled craftsmen. Why would a pharaoh (which in ancient Egypt was the closest thing to a god) have slaves build their burial place?

Common misconception-

Slaves built the pyramids

The pyramids were actually built by very skilled craftsmen. Why would a pharaoh (which in ancient Egypt was the closest thing to a god) have slaves build their burial place?
Because it's easy and he didn't want his people doing all the work...

Because it's easy and he didn't want his people doing all the work...
The point is, the pharaoh was at the top of the hierarchy and would have slaves (at the bottom of the hierarchy) touch his tomb.

Also not all pharaohs were male

The point is, the pharaoh was at the top of the hierarchy and would have slaves (at the bottom of the hierarchy) touch his tomb.

Also not all pharaohs were male
Your right, the people that went into his/her tomb would be higher upside but that doesn't mean slaves didn't build it.

And I know that... There is only one female pharaoh though that we know of. I just kinda used "he" as a relative term.

Your right, the people that went into his/her tomb would be higher upside but that doesn't mean slaves didn't build it.

And I know that... There is only one female pharaoh though that we know of. I just kinda used "he" as a relative term.
The slaves were responsible for transporting rock, the rock work was higher skilled workers

The slaves were responsible for transporting rock, the rock work was higher skilled workers
Nor necessarily. The plans were made by skilled architects but then the slaves made and transported the stuff as well as placed it with directions

Nor necessarily. The plans were made by skilled architects but then the slaves made and transported the stuff as well as placed it with directions
Well here’s another Egypt fact. The Nile was very sacred and used for lots of different uses, including using the toilet and washing clothes.

So someone would go to the toilet in the the Nile, then downstream a couple of hundred meters or so, people would wash their clothes in the water

Most people crapped on their land and mixed it up with urine to use as fertiliser on their crops.

Iraq used to be covered in forests but the locals chopped all the trees down in the 50s & 60s when oil barrens took over. They needed the wood for cooking and to stay warm because they didn't have any heating/ cooking oil or money. Now the place is a desert with very little vegetation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back