Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Yah now a days that IS called something else... LOL... Why was that a thing even? šŸ¤£
People didnā€™t know a lot then lol this was also the days that indoor plumbing and toilets werenā€™t a thing, so people would do their business in a bucket then when it was full they would pour it out of their window into the street

People didnā€™t know a lot then lol this was also the days that indoor plumbing and toilets werenā€™t a thing, so people would do their business in a bucket then when it was full they would pour it out of their window into the street
Yaaaaa... don't walk your dog when the buckets are full šŸ˜…

This has reminded me

I canā€™t remember when this was, several hundred years ago

The time of ancient monks

If you couldnā€™t get your wife pregnant, you could take your wife to the town impregnator (probably a more official name) to impregnate your wife for you.

Most established towns had a town impregnator and it was quite a reputable career
^
|
|
|
The fact obviously has to be appropriate.
šŸ¤Ø

In late medieval England, there was a lively market in Portuguese urine. Probably because it evaporated in transit, it formed a thick paste used to... whiten teeth.

In late medieval England, there was a lively market in Portuguese urine. Probably because it evaporated in transit, it formed a thick paste used to... whiten teeth.
Mmmm... I've always wanted urine flavored toothpaste... Where can I get me some of that šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Let's move away from the scatological stuff and keep it family friendly, or this thread will have to go away
I learned a new word today:

scatological (from vocabulary.com)

Anything scatological is "off-color" or a bit offensive, typically because it refers to excrement, especially in a joking way.
This is a word that describes a kind of immature humor you sometimes encounter in movies or TV shows. Scatological humor is of questionable taste, but it's not quite obscene. Your little brother who thinks toilet jokes are hilarious? You can say that he's a fan of scatological humor.
Definitions of scatological
  1. adjective
    dealing pruriently with excrement and excretory functions
    ā€œscatological literatureā€
    Synonyms:dirty
    (of behavior or especially language) characterized by obscenity or indecency

I learned a new word today:

scatological (from vocabulary.com)

Anything scatological is "off-color" or a bit offensive, typically because it refers to excrement, especially in a joking way.
This is a word that describes a kind of immature humor you sometimes encounter in movies or TV shows. Scatological humor is of questionable taste, but it's not quite obscene. Your little brother who thinks toilet jokes are hilarious? You can say that he's a fan of scatological humor.
Definitions of scatological
  1. adjective
    dealing pruriently with excrement and excretory functions
    ā€œscatological literatureā€
    Synonyms:dirty
    (of behavior or especially language) characterized by obscenity or indecency
Ahhhh ok... Yah I'm not too much into that type of humor but sometimes I do say some stuff... I have a little brother by me all the time who says those things LOL

Now- one of you experts will jump in and say no, it has to be a 20 Gal and we are a schooling species so we need 5 or 6 of us to do it all together
I think a 55 would be more appropriate... šŸ˜…

Most reactions

Back