Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wherever you place your fingers, you transport it to the phone... It's the GERMan network 🤣
And, anyone else who touches that phone adds their own collective bacteria, as well

I'm an OCD hand-washer....public doorknobs are the worst

And, anyone else who touches that phone adds their own collective bacteria, as well

I'm an OCD hand-washer....public doorknobs are the worst
I'm not a germophobe but there are a few things that make me look like one sometimes lol

With some of the drowning and finger removal discussion, it is time for the retired teacher in me to kick in and say:

Do not try this at home.
Ah yes... don't try it at home. At least go to the public pool or bridge

If you're immune suppressed, exhausted or unlucky, it is possible for you to catch Mycobacter marinum, fish tb, from a fishtank. All you need is a severely infected fish that has just died (the bacteria bail and look for a new home) and an open cut.

It shows as it does in fish, with rectangular, hard plaques. On us, they follow the surface areas of the lymphatic system. Untreated, they can burst, in a form of noxious Betta acne.

The bacterium can survive bleach, so in a fishtank, it is hard to get rid of. We're too warm for it, so it barely hangs in and can be killed off with a 4-6 month treatment with a cocktail of antibiotics. It's rare for a person to get it, but trust me (I'm special), I did.

Fun fact: Smokey the cat used to be a grump, but now 8-10 years later hes a sweetheart who, when he sits on your lap at the perfect time of day, makes a perfect photography model
IMG_20220620_190605_853.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back