Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Did you know that ice cubes evaporate? Actually it's called sublimation..

Melting dry ice is the classic example of sublimation. It goes from a solid to a gaseous state. No liquid form.

A frost free freezer really does a number on ice cubes . Takes awhile but they shrivel up .
LOL! My Omaha Steak orders come in coolers with dry ice. When I got my first order I almost put the ice in my bath tub to fill my apartment with fog but then grew a brain cell and decided it wasn't the best idea to fill my apartment with CO2 :eek:

yes...I notice if I don't use the ice cubes in the ice cube tray for several weeks, they get much smaller.. Kind of like Shrinkflation

Science nerds just needing yet another word to confuse the rest of the world with :oops: ;)o_O ...them and lawyers....

Science nerds just needing yet another word to confuse the rest of the world with :oops: ;)o_O ...them and lawyers....
Liquids like water evaporate (into gas). Certain gases, like C02, become solid when compressed or chilled below a certain temperature. With rising temperature, the solid “gas“, like dry ice, (C02) turns back into a vaporous gas, having never entered a liquid state. Evaporation and sublimation are two distinct processes and not two words for the same process.
Science nerd signing off 😜

Liquids like water evaporate (into gas). Certain gases, like C02, become solid when compressed or chilled below a certain temperature. With rising temperature, the solid “gas“, like dry ice, (C02) turns back into a vaporous gas, having never entered a liquid state. Evaporation and sublimation are two distinct processes and not two words for the same process.
Science nerd signing off 😜
mmmm hmmm. Or, you could just say, "it done gone away. It was here, now it aint." :D :D Honestly it's just jealousy talking- I come from a family that's half science nerds, half in between and the other half ....not. You might guess which half i come from. (...hmmm did I get that right? o_O:kana::drool:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back