Fry And Ghost Shrimp. Plz Help

marie0910

Reaction score
I have 7 guppy fry, born sunday i noticed my guppy having 2 in my main tank so i immediatley took her outand placed her in my 5 gal tank she had the babies and then i moved her back in the many tank later that night. BUT i put my pregnant ghost shrimpin there 3 days prior and i noticed after my guppy was done having her fry that the shrimp had her babys and i seen about 5 of those hanging around the sides. Im just confused about feeding and cleaning. I heard shrimp like brackish water but i dont want the guppys to die or the shrimp when i clean out the tank but how do i do that when both of them are both so tiny? I dont know what to do but my tank is getting dirty. Someone help please

Hopefully your tank is fairly small, because the best way I know if is to jug out the water and pour it through a sieve or fish net into your bucket. Do that as often as you can (making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated), make sure you don't overfeed, and don't worry too much about the 'mulm'; it'll just give the baby shrimp something to feed on (I don't know enough about shrimps to be able to recommend brackish water or not).

Yea its small, i tried pouring it threw the net to catch the fry and baby shrimp to do a water change. Worked for the fry but i don't see any shrimp in the tank :( bummer but its ok. The mama shrimp is preggo AGAIN lol. Thanks for your help it really worked for my fry!

Most reactions

trending

Back