Frozen themed walstad jar

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Looks amazing! That is a great way to introduce a child to aquariums and as they get older you can teach them more complicated things and then get a 5G for her or something when she passes "aquarium school" lol. I would let her get involved with small feedings and maybe a super small water change as she gets older! Then you can bring her to the dark side as well MUHAHAHA :rofl:

Looks great, and the blue shrimp fit the frozen theme. :) With a walstad tank, overgrown is your friend. Have you read her book? Really fascinating.

What an awesome thing to do for your daughter! I tried to get mine interested in fish keeping for a long time with no success. Something like this would have done the trick!

I just saw your other jar journal too and may copy your idea down the line (imitation is the best form of flattery, right?). You've made me eager to try this!

Looks amazing! That is a great way to introduce a child to aquariums and as they get older you can teach them more complicated things and then get a 5G for her or something when she passes "aquarium school" lol. I would let her get involved with small feedings and maybe a super small water change as she gets older! Then you can bring her to the dark side as well MUHAHAHA :rofl:
Probably not the best tank to teach her feeding and water changes on, that doesn't get done often with Walstad setups with Shrimp :lol: It's actually a pretty self sustaining little setup. All i do is top up the water every now and then and drop the occasional algae wafer in.

Looks great, and the blue shrimp fit the frozen theme. :) With a walstad tank, overgrown is your friend. Have you read her book? Really fascinating.
i actually haven't read the book, i'll get around to it one day haha all i know is it's a great method and i've used it on quite a few different set ups and they're all doing great!

What an awesome thing to do for your daughter! I tried to get mine interested in fish keeping for a long time with no success. Something like this would have done the trick!

I just saw your other jar journal too and may copy your idea down the line (imitation is the best form of flattery, right?). You've made me eager to try this!
Go for it! It's fun setting them up and satisfying watching them grow in!

Probably not the best tank to teach her feeding and water changes on, that doesn't get done often with Walstad setups with Shrimp :lol: It's actually a pretty self sustaining little setup. All i do is top up the water every now and then and drop the occasional algae wafer in.
No, of course not the small jarrarium... I meant if you decide to get a small 5-10 gallon tank for her, then you are able to introduce her to those things... But for now water top offs are great for her to try. And you could let hwr drop in the wafer every now and then... I know when I was a kid (well, I mean... I still kinda am but ig I mean when I was under 13...) I would've loved one of these and I still do... Its just one of those simple things you don't need to worry too much about them killing I guess lol...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back