Frozen themed walstad jar

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow that's nice! I just thought of something that might have been a tad late but whatever. You could get some small sticks that look like trees, or make a copper wire tree, and then cover it with christmas tree moss and scatter it around the background. Also I think you should add more plants or add some floaters as it looks too bright.

EDIT: Actually you could just put Christmas Tree moss on the rocks.

Like with all my other tanks/bowl/Jars i tend to add plants in along the way. I'll let it all grow out and then replant trimmings to fill it out.

I've also already attached moss onto the rocks at the back!

Floaters i will add at some stage too.

Still got a fair bit of room for more plants.

20210801_154748.jpg

2 weeks on.
Now
20210816_191230.jpg

Vs 2 weeks ago
20210801_151711.jpg

I did add a bit of hairgrass and milfoil but everything is growing in really nicely. I can see the roots reaching down right to the bottom where the organic garden soil is.

It's still cycling though. Got about 1ppm of ammonia so just testing every couple of days. Can't wait to get some shrimp in there!

Dang, that looks wicked cool!

At first I thought: Great, another tank with fake decor. But it actually looks really good!

Dang, that looks wicked cool!

At first I thought: Great, another tank with fake decor. But it actually looks really good!
Haha I hate fake decore as much as you but I couldn't fit a real Olaf and Anna in this little jar 😂

Well done Daddy! 🤗

Scored you many brownie points I bet!

Lol just showed it to my 4 year old daughter. Her reaction:

"Wow! I want it!"

Think I'm going to have to borrow this idea if I can find a spot for it.

Lol just showed it to my 4 year old daughter. Her reaction:

"Wow! I want it!"

Think I'm going to have to borrow this idea if I can find a spot for it.

It doesn't take up much room and it's really low maintenance. Great for kids!

Have left it alone for a while now and it's starting to look a bit over grown...I kinda like it! Even more baby shrimp are popping up!
20211015_193204.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back