Frozen Food

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

sheree

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
Is it safe to just drop frozen cubes of food into the aquarium. I usually thaw my frozen food out and drain off all the excess before putting it into the tank, but i've recently heard that you can just drop them into the tank still frozen and the fish will nibble at it until it melts?

I also thaw the food first, but I think it depends upon the size of the pieces whether you can throw it in frozen or not. Smaller pieces will thaw immediately with the temperature of the water. I personally wouldn't like to see my fish stuck to a piece of frozen food!

Pop a frozen cube into a fine fish net and rinse under the cold tap until devoid of ice, then feed to the main aquarium. Some people have experienced adverse effects to their fish by just plonking a frozen cube straight into the aquarium. I have experienced weird swimming patterns in certain killis when gobbling a mouthful of frozen bloodworm from a cube hence I melt them down first as stated above.
Regards
BigC

I guess for smaller fish, frozen food would have an effect. My African frog will eat an entire frozen boodworm cube given the chance!
When i had big fish it didn't have an effect at all-i think its personal preference :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back