Frontosa Id Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KimA

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know what type of Frontosa this is please? Have looked at the Cichlids Profile's page, but not really any the wiser.

Thanks
Kim

Frontosa003.jpg

Hi,

Anyone know what type of Frontosa this is please? Have looked at the Cichlids Profile's page, but not really any the wiser.

Thanks
Kim

Frontosa003.jpg

Difficult to tell because the eye mask is not very visable, or the stripes....my first hunch would be an mpimbwe but would need a better picture to be more acurate. These are for sale somewhere aren't they?

Hi,

It's face/whole body is actually that dark - in fact the whole fish is nearly black, the stripes being barely visible.

I've got 3 Frontosa for sale at the moment - I know that 2 of them are Burundi, but am unsure of this one.

Have attached a different pic which was taken at the same time/same lighting of one of the Burundi so you can see that there's not really any quality/colour problem.

Thanks
Kim

Frontosa001-1.jpg

Hi,

It's face/whole body is actually that dark - in fact the whole fish is nearly black, the stripes being barely visible.

I've got 3 Frontosa for sale at the moment - I know that 2 of them are Burundi, but am unsure of this one.

Have attached a different pic which was taken at the same time/same lighting of one of the Burundi so you can see that there's not really any quality/colour problem.

Thanks
Kim

Frontosa001-1.jpg

Makes me think even more that it is an Mpimbwe then.....as you say, the other is clearly a Burundi. This dark one has very similar colouring to what my Alpha male used to have on occasion. Because of the width and lack of contrast in the bars, and the different eye mask ( from what I can see), I would say it is Mpimbwe.

Makes me think even more that it is an Mpimbwe then.....as you say, the other is clearly a Burundi. This dark one has very similar colouring to what my Alpha male used to have on occasion. Because of the width and lack of contrast in the bars, and the different eye mask ( from what I can see), I would say it is Mpimbwe.

That's great - thanks :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back