From Square 1

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ha Ha, was tempted but 6 is good and with the plec i didn't want to be bottom heavy. With those big lumps of rockery slate the bootm area is considerably smaller than the swimming space.

Added another half dozen HR; and i might still add more, whowever thinks 6 is a good number for these fish is wrong. Every time i add to the numbers the shoaling behaviour gets more defined, you can really see the colour difference between mine and the shop fresh fish at the moment as well. Its like the new fish have faded in the sun.

The columbians have filled the middle of the tank out lovely, they seem to like hanging mid water in the stems of the Hydrocotyle.

Just thought i'd pop some newer pics up, its matured well, especially the cabomba that is just as i imagined. The hydrocortyle though not so happy with. It gets in the filter, parts melt, the plec batters it and it seems to promote hair algae too. I have pretty much cleared it (hair algae) from the rest of the tank totally with fome ferts and amazingly moving the filter outlet so it exits on the centreline of the tank rather than one side. Anyway enjoy... :good:

DSC00390.jpg

Itiz de cholumbians an der paatch....

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

Welcome to corydoras homeland

DSC00389.jpg

You can see the Hydrocortyle here, bottom right, its not that the plant is dead its just decided to gorow to the right for some reason so the left branch has just died. Couple of days ago it was fine. :grr:

Hi Cynic - tank is looking sweet dude!

Can I just ask what is the main plant in the second picture? - The tall thin one with the rounded leaves.

Cheers

wow nice tank :) plants have taken well :)

Oh i'd forgotten this. Must put some up to date shots up.

Looking good mate, love seeing pics of new tanks and fish. Gives me ideas for mine too :) not always a good thing though cos the mrs doesn't like me spending money lol

tanks looking good mate, and hurrah i know a plant name...

Can I just ask what is the main plant in the second picture? - The tall thin one with the rounded leaves

brazilian pennywort, i was told about this on this very forum, found it bought it and it grows like crazy!!

riffraff

tanks looking good mate, and hurrah i know a plant name...

Can I just ask what is the main plant in the second picture? - The tall thin one with the rounded leaves

brazilian pennywort, i was told about this on this very forum, found it bought it and it grows like crazy!!

riffraff

Brilliant, thats names for all but the broad leaf plant then :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back