Frogs & Shrimp

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ukdamon

Reaction score
I have a fairly happy community tank, which includes African Dwarf Frogs and Cherry Shrimp.

Unfortunately the Shrimp all seem to be vanishing. I think it's a couple of reasons. Firstly, they are hiding because of the fish in the tank, and secondly because I have frogs and I have seen the frogs go for the small shrimp.

Although the frogs don't have good eyesight, I guess they sense or smell the shrimp and go for them.

I do love the frogs, and my larger Bamboo shrimp are fine. I think I may set up a separate Nano Aquarium for shrimp.

It comes down to the size of the shrimp and if they are small enough for the frogs to put in its mouth. In my tank I have cherry and velvet blue shrimps and cardinal tetras and only once did I see the cardinals eat a shrimp. They start to swim different.

It comes down to the size of the shrimp and if they are small enough for the frogs to put in its mouth. In my tank I have cherry and velvet blue shrimps and cardinal tetras and only once did I see the cardinals eat a shrimp. They start to swim different.

Thank you, the Neon and Amber Tetras I have seem to be ok with the shrimp. I have only seen the frogs go for them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back