Frog In Drain

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishLover4+1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi
there is a little frog who lives in our drain. he's been coming back for a few years now and seems to like it in there, but i used to use that drainpipe for depositing the soapy water after cleaning out the rabbits and i keep forgetting he's in there. :unsure: luckily i use ecover so its fairly eco-friendly but it probably isnt good for him. is there some way of getting him to move into something else that doesnt involve building a pond??? i was thinking of using an old washing up bowl but he'd need a ramp to climb in and out and some plant cover. any ideas??? thanks

I think your washing up bowl is a great idea. You could even get a clump of iris or something it there, as well as planting round it.

Frogs don't really want ponds much, except in breeding season. They prefer damp places, like woodpiles or rockeries, although it is nice for them to have somewhere to get underwater if they want to. Ours live mostly in the rockery and under rocks in the waterfall, though they do like to get in the duckweed in the pond to flycatch sometimes :)

Can I fill the bucket with tapwater and use a tapwater conditioner??? or is that bad for the frog.

Pick him up and put him there? You can't make him stay where you want him, of course.

I'd save some rainwater, but dechlorinated tap would be fine. Don't forget to put the ramp in!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back