Freshwater Fish Temprature Chart

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Utar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I want to share this with everyone. It is a chart made in Microsoft Excel over a year and a half ago. I worked on this for a long time but never done anything with it. I have not updated it either for a very long time. This link is to my website, where you can also download the chart in excel for free, check the upper left hand corner for the download link. Everything in this chart are just pall park for temperature, tank size, and fish temperament. So you will have to be your own judge as to the validity of the chart. One nice feature is that when you click on the name of the fish it is a link for that fish, so you can study it for yourself. There are areas of the chart not yet completed.

Freshwater Fish Temprature Chart

Just finished going through it all. Really nice, and I love the format.
Will be using for a quick reference in the future!
I like most of the SA cichlid notes as well.

Just finished going through it all. Really nice, and I love the format.
Will be using for a quick reference in the future!
I like most of the SA cichlid notes as well.
That's why I made the chart as a quick reference guide for stocking.

That's why I made the chart as a quick reference guide for stocking.
A beginner suitability column would be a nice addition. I'd be happy to help as well.
If it's or when it's done you should see if a mod would be willing to pin this thread, or the document itself.

A beginner suitability column would be a nice addition. I'd be happy to help as well.
If it's or when it's done you should see if a mod would be willing to pin this thread, or the document itself.
This chart is wide open to whatever additions or changes you want to do, nothing is password protected in the excel version. So download it, add to it, change it, and make it yours.

I do have a later version that is not on the website, but it is very incomplete, but I can upload that copy for you if you wish. In the latest version (again not on my website) I started two more columns for ph range and KH/GH range for each fish, but it is really only started. I also added a few more tabs with plants, Fish Diseases and Parasites, etc but it is not enough there to really talk about.

Good stuff. Been working on something similar myself these last few months as an aid for beginner.
Like I said this is free to download and improve, change do whatever you want with it. I don't have it copy righted, because to me that would not be fair due to the fact it is there for everyone to use.

Like I said this is free to download and improve, change do whatever you want with it. I don't have it copy righted, because to me that would not be fair due to the fact it is there for everyone to use.
Some of your livebearer lower temps differ greatly from SFs. I only noticed as I had been considering a few Platys recently for my liquid rock main tank.
I’m not picking holes by the way as I think it’s a great idea.
You’re far ahead of me and my version which I started on A4 paper back in March-April to help figure out what I could keep in 19dh water. Then after buying a RO thingy it sort of expanded......there’s a helluva lot of fish out there. Plenty more in fact.
Keep up the good work.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back