freshwater blue dolphin

teknikz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
is the freshwater blue dolphin (Cyrtocara moorii) aggresive or territorial or are they okay in a community tank????

Tek :fish:

They are a malawi cichlid and should only be kept with other malawi's,the species is not aggressive (or so my trusty book says) but as with other large cichlids it is best to only keep them with other cichlids or large fish that are capable of looking after themselves.
They also get quite big,around 10" and need to be kept in small schools so a large tank would be required.

Your not having much luck choosing your fish are you Tek,may i suggest looking at some of the Apistiogramma species of dwarf cichlids,have nice colouring stay small and are suitable for even peaceful communities.

umm id say if you wanted small cichlids cribs are the ones people keep on about they are simple to look after imo also prolly why they are so popular. the main reason i awswered was because... cfc are you ok... (checks tempriture) you have mensioned cichlids more than once in one week i think you might be comeing down with something.

Dont worry Jamnog im fine really ive just given up trying to convince people to get catfish,besides most of the good ones are predatory and/or get too big for average sized tanks so there isnt many you can recomend.I have kept a few Appistos myself and found them to be quite interesting little fish,had a male cockatoo cichlid (A.cacatuoides) that would try and eat shrimp as big as him self,very ammusing.

Hey Tek what fish do you have and what size is the tank?Give us a little info and im sure one of us can come up with a interesting/different fish that will be suitable.

nonsence i would not have started to get so into fish if it hadent been to stop my rtbs and my plec to stop fighting. but im glad to hear your coming round to the ol cichlid way of thinking they dont all breed like guppys you know.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back