Fresh blood for my existing colonies.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I purchased juvenile livebearer species for my current colonies. Came home with 17 bags in my suitcase. I did use some insulation in my suitcase for it's pretty cold out here. Usually, I use cooling box, insulation bag or a styrofoam box. But this time I thought: Why not use my suitcase?
The assest are:
Limia islai
Girardinus uninotatus
Phallichthys pittieri
Campoma nr.31, blue snake
Xiphophorus xiphidium
Xiphophorus continens
Xiphophorus pygmaeus
Xiphophorus evelynae
Xiphophorus variatus La laguna
Xiphophorus variatus Arroya el Zarco
Xiphophorus variatus Tampico
Priapichthys annectens
Poeciliopsis gracilis
Alfaro cultratus
Skiffia multipunctata Lago de Camecuaro
Xiphophorus hellerii Palenque
Xiphophorus signum
IMG_8474.JPGIMG_8475.JPGIMG_8476.JPGIMG_8477.JPGIMG_8479.JPG

Very nice! Make sure we get pics when they are in the tanks.

Hello emerald. Whoa! Can't begin to pronounce the names. Hope these additions aren't as difficult to keep as their names are to pronounce. Believe I'll stick with Guppies, Platys and Tetras. They're simple to keep and their names are even simpler to pronounce! Have fun!

10 Tanks

Very nice! Make sure we get pics when they are in the tanks.
They're in quarantine first. Later on I'll take some pics of them.
Hello emerald. Whoa! Can't begin to pronounce the names. Hope these additions aren't as difficult to keep as their names are to pronounce. Believe I'll stick with Guppies, Platys and Tetras. They're simple to keep and their names are even simpler to pronounce! Have fun!

10 Tanks
Well, most livebearers I'm keeping and breeding are rare livebearers and mostly wild species. Well, a number of them are not that easy to keep. Well, if I look at your stocking that you've mentioned above, certain assets of mine are platies, like the Xiphophorus xiphidium, Xiphophorus evelynae, Xiphophorus variatus la laguna, Xiphophorus variatus Arroyo de Zarco and Xiphophorus variatus Tampico. All other Xiphophorus species mentioned above are wild swordtail species. In general, most of these species that I'm keeping won't be offered through retail and some are rarely offered through retail.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back