Freeze Dried food for Bettas

Reading the abstract of a review paper is like going to see a film and just watching the trailers and leaving..

I know, but I cannot afford to "buy" these papers, or any others. But to be honest, from the abstract I doubt I would find anything; abstracts do sum up the issue. Some deal with commercial food fish culture, etc. And yes I am being very general, but most of the members here are in that situation.

I do, blindly following what someone else is doing and saying is not a solution. Do your own reading keep learning, you'll be surprised. take advice yes of course, but questioning what others say isn't a bad thing.

No argument here. But I do not have the desire to delve into nutrition, just the same as disease, so I am prepared to accept the view of those whom I know certainly do know the subject. I am not likely to find out much different. After all, we listen to the professionals to keep us alive--unless one is Donald Trump of course.

Yes they do, and science has proven that in most cases all that happens is they end up with expensive urine. The only way to tell if person is vitamin deficient is by doing blood tests then taking the vitamin you need at the correct dose, Just going to the pharmacy and buying an over the counter vitamin is a waste of money.

Agree somewhat, generally. But I have been taking a basic supplement most of my life, just to ensure that some minerals like zinc and selenium get in me as I may not get enough of the relevant food sources (some I do not like). When I was diagnosed with cancer 11 years ago, the urologist agreed on these; considering the alternative, I am not hesitant to take them.

Ok, hereā€™s my take on all of this. I agree with most of what is posted here. I feed New Life Spectrum to all my fish, including my Goldieā€™s. I give frozen bloodworms once or twice a week. I stay away from all freeze dried foods with the exception of San Francisco Bay freeze dried brine shrimp which I read good reviews on. They do have to be soaked first. I also feed Kenā€™s veggie sticks to the fish that will eat veggies, ie, goldfish. I donā€™t like daphnia (sorry Nick, I know how much you love it). I do feed peas when needed. My plecos and goldies also get cucumbers or zucchini. I have nursed a fish back from its death bed using Polyvisol infant drops, (recommended by an aquatic vet). The outcome made me a believer in them. Multi vitamins for humans are just fine, as I have discussed in prior posts. Some people need to stay away from certain vitamins due to health conditions that can cause complications. For that reason, I would encourage anyone to discuss their vitamins with their PCP before starting them. I was a nurse and then a hospital Patient Advocate for 32 years. Most physicians in the US advocate a good daily multivitamin supplement. All of this said, I truly believe that most Freshwater fish could not only survive but thrive on just New Life Spectrum foods. Why do I do all the rest then? Because I donā€™t want to eat the same thing everyday and my fish probably donā€™t either. These are just my choices and opinions. We all have our choices based on personal experience and Iā€™m sure our fish thank us for them.

Most physicians in the US advocate a good daily multivitamin supplement
Well of course they do because of the kickbacks, The USA is the only developed country that allows the big pharmaceutical companies to charge diabetics $250 odd for a 5 milliliter vial of insulin, I pay $6 for the same thing in Australia.

A varied diet generally provides enough of each vitamin and mineral. However, some people may need supplements to correct deficiencies of particular vitamins or minerals.

Well of course they do because of the kickbacks, The USA is the only developed country that allows the big pharmaceutical companies to charge diabetics $250 odd for a 5 milliliter vial of insulin, I pay $6 for the same thing in Australia.

A varied diet generally provides enough of each vitamin and mineral. However, some people may need supplements to correct deficiencies of particular vitamins or minerals.
I understand. However, I canā€™t talk bad about the pharmaceutical companies because Iā€™m getting a medication that I couldnā€™t afford ($2,000/month) for free through a pharmaceutical company. Sure, they get some payment from my insurance but at a much discounted rate. I totally agree on the inflammatory rates in the US. My daughter is a pharmacy tech and sees what the pharmacy pays for drugs and what they charge the consumer. Very sad state of affairs!

I feed my Betta's a variety of tiny pellets, frozen bloodworms or shrimp, freeze dried bloodworms and "Betta" flakes. They all seem healthy and active. The key is to vary their diet and not overfeed them. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back