Free Fish Tanks/Aquariums?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aqua.land

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently been hoping to get a medium/small-sized aquarium, because I am hoping to hatch some more triops and maybe get some shrimp.
All the aquariums that i find online are extremely expensive, and the secondhand ones on ebay/preloved are either too big or too small.

Does anyone know where you can get a free tank/aquarium? (it doesn't have to be very very good)
Thank you.

Hello,

I have recently been hoping to get a medium/small-sized aquarium, because I am hoping to hatch some more triops and maybe get some shrimp.
All the aquariums that i find online are extremely expensive, and the secondhand ones on ebay/preloved are either too big or too small.

Does anyone know where you can get a free tank/aquarium? (it doesn't have to be very very good)
Thank you.

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

To be honest, I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect a free tank, unless you happen to come across one on the street, or a relative/friend is getting rid of theirs.

What size are you thinking of? If you just want a plain tank, a 25ltr/40*25*25cm Diversa tank is £26 on eBay/Amazon. There's a 17ltr for £22, on the Pets at Home website, and my 53ltr cost me £43, plus £4 for delivery.

Thank you.

Yes, I agree...
I knew someone who had a free tank but they smashed it up before I had the chance to ask...
Thank you, I'll have a look at them.

First I was thinking of a 10 gallon tank but now I'm thinking something smaller, maybe 17ltr to 40ltr.

Look on Craigslist (Or on Gum Tree in your case)

I have found several free fish tanks on sights like that. Just look around and see if you can strike a deal.

Thank you!
Yes, craigslist isn't very popular in the UK...
I've actually never found a free tank, just a very cheap tank. Look at your LFS for cheap tanks. Try to make a deal there, they will usually accept. :)

That's a good idea!
The one I usually go to is Pets At Home, and its massive! I'm scared to ask as all the stuff is very expensive...
However I'm pretty sure there is a store specially designated for fish which will have some cheap ones,
Thank you!

That's a good idea!
The one I usually go to is Pets At Home, and its massive! I'm scared to ask as all the stuff is very expensive...
However I'm pretty sure there is a store specially designated for fish which will have some cheap ones,
Thank you!
No problem! Good luck. ;)

facebook marketplace or offerup

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back