Found this guy in the weirdest place...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Well, today I decided to clean out the 180g, pulled all the rocks again and whatever, also part of the plan was to strip some of the mbuna females to stock my 45 gallon... :nod:

...anyway, enough of that. The point is, anyone who knows anything about breeding synodontis multipunctatus knows that you need a mouthbrooding cichlid group around to spawn them (if interested, read up on it, just google it :p) Thing is you are supposed to have a group of haps, because they are dumb enough to have a couple of cuckoo cats playing around in their spawn site, also have big enough mouths to incubate the catfish, but here's the thing...I was only stripping mbuna...and from the smallest female that I have in the tank (2" Pseudotropheus Demasoni) this crazy guy pops out her mouth, he's already around 1/2-3/4"!!! I don't know how she did it, or how I even got him out of her mouth without killing her, he was the only fish in there of course, but man, was I shocked when he popped out. :eek: Hope he makes it, I know nothing about raising synodontis multipunctatus.... -_- :huh: :D

Aaaaaanyway----here he is. :D Gonna need a name too. :nod:

Attachments

• 100_5423.JPG
    100_5423.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 9
HMM!! i want to try to breed those cuckoo cats too! how big are your cuckoo cats? how many u got? ahhh sooo cute..anymore pics? any more fry? ..ok..sorry just pretty excited! :hyper:

Haha, I didn't ever plan on breeding them, as I really did not---they kinda did it on their own and I got lucky by actually getting 1 :hyper: ...anyway, I have 2 females and 2 males for cuckoo cats, they are around 3" each and the females are usually SUPER fat with eggs every 2 months or so... ;) I guess if I had the time and the tanks, it would be worth it $$$$-wise to breed them, but I don't have the room to do it right now...

...well, here is a pic of him/her with a betta trying to eat him/her... :p Wouldn't go down too easy...hehe :lol:

Attachments

• 100_5425.JPG
    100_5425.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
yea! those cuckoo cats costs alot! $40 each! :hyper: and that little fry is sooo cute! does it HAVE to be raised by the cichlids? or can it be raised (like you are doing) without!?

c'mon more people reply! this is the first time i've seen a baby cuckoo cat! i want to hear some good name ideas! (sorry i suck at naming) :lol:

whoa! Thats awesome FM :thumbs: :hyper:
congrats, cute little guy/girl :nod:

DD

Woah, how odd! Congrats on the baby, he's a cutey!

Awww...thanks guys, he/she is really small, yet a heck of a lot bigger (about 10x) bigger than a demasoni baby, so I don't even know how I got it out of her mouth. :eek: But, ya--synodontis multis do go for a fair price around here as well. Thanks for all the replies. :D

S/He's so cute! :wub: You could call him/her Jonah, like that dude in the bible who came out of a whale's mouth...

I name the "special" ones....:p It is a pretty good name though. :nod:

Nice find FM. Time to clear away some of those bettas and start breeding some multi's i say.

At that size it should already be big enough to take standard frozen foods and mini catfish pellets, i dont know if you have them there but the JMC high protein granules would be perfect.

CFC said:
Nice find FM. Time to clear away some of those bettas and start breeding some multi's i say.

At that size it should already be big enough to take standard frozen foods and mini catfish pellets, i dont know if you have them there but the JMC high protein granules would be perfect.
Probably a pretty good idea...just don't know what species to breed them with...the dumbest and biggest I have at the moment are the O.B. Peacocks...so probably them, anyway, thanks for the reply! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back