Found my salvinia

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
All of my other plants arrived a couple days ago (in my neighbors mailbox, of course) but we couldn't find the salvinia. I found it today a little worse for wear and in need of some tlc, as it had been sitting in a box for 4+ days. I've got it in a 2 gallon with about 4 parts tap water (no chlorine) and 1 part tank water sitting in the windowsill to give it some light. It's got saran wrap with holes poked over the top to prevent dog hair and dust from getting in

Coincidentally I'm also leaving to go camping in a few hours so I can't watch it like I usually would. I don't currently have fertilizer, but are there any home remedies to keep it kicking until I can come back to take care of it myself? I'll be back Sunday I believe

Attachments

• 20200605_101914.jpg
    20200605_101914.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
It might be better to put it in a tank, if you have the other plants in a tank. The light can be on a timer.

Yes, put it in your tank. Try to put it on the opposite side from your filter. (Unless you have a sponge filter)

Mine grow best with a large amount of light, I never use ferts.

I'm hesitant to put it in my tank while I'm not home as we bought it from the cheapest seller, not the most trustworthy and I don't want to come home to a pest problem. Also, I don't have a timer and my lights will be off while I'm gone so it wont get enough light to survive in my tank. I can put more tank water in it if that's the problem?

I'm hesitant to put it in my tank while I'm not home as we bought it from the cheapest seller, not the most trustworthy and I don't want to come home to a pest problem. Also, I don't have a timer and my lights will be off while I'm gone so it wont get enough light to survive in my tank. I can put more tank water in it if that's the problem?

Fine. For the future, a timer for your tank light is a wise investment, they are not expensive, check a home improvment/hardware store. Tank lighting should be regualar ever 24 hour period, for the fish as well as the plants.

"Pest problem" is unlikely. If you mean snails, they are certainly not pests but beneficial. Other critters, possibly, depending where you got the plants.

Fine. For the future, a timer for your tank light is a wise investment, they are not expensive, check a home improvment/hardware store. Tank lighting should be regualar ever 24 hour period, for the fish as well as the plants.

"Pest problem" is unlikely. If you mean snails, they are certainly not pests but beneficial. Other critters, possibly, depending where you got the plants.
Ah that's true! I definitely plan on getting a timer brought home and set up before I'm gone on vacation, hopefully much sooner than that.

I thought I had to worry about little hitch hikers with new plants? I'm not sure how harmful hydra is but I heard that it could come in with new plants?

Yes, most snails are very beneficial to your aquarium. (Contrary to popular belief)

Yes, most snails are very beneficial to your aquarium. (Contrary to popular belief)
I plan on getting a single mystery for my tank actually! I'm rather excited for it as snails are really cool. I'm just worried about snails I'm not ready for, especially if they reproduce.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back