Found More Fry Yay

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

weejen

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i got a new green mollie who is 4 inches long and she dropped fry last nite. got 9 in breeder net but still finding more yay

up to over 20 now. i will let them grow then sell them

Congratulations Jen. New fry are always welcome in my tanks but I don't ever fish them out. I run my livebearer tanks with enough cover for a decent survival rate and feel no remorse about the fate of the others. Many of my fish turn out to not be big fry eaters to start with and most are too big for a breeder trap. My most recent fry drop came when I brought home some Xenoophorus captivus on Sunday from a club auction. On Tuesday I noticed that my buy at the auction was much less per fish than I had thought. Several of the fry, about 10, are doing well now that I have added some java moss to the tank. Before that they were struggling to stay away from the adults.

u know the way they drop fry from time to time so how long should i leave them in the breeding trap until i think there done dropping!

The fry can be kept in a breeding net for a week or two until you get the grow out tank set up JohnRossDele. An adult female that is 4 inches long should never be placed into a breeding net in my opinion. A breeder is just too small for a fish that size. It is the reason that my breeders get little 10 gallon tanks to drop their fry instead. The females can stay in a little tank like that for weeks if they are well cared for.

i was gonna just leave them in the tank but i couldnt help myself seein the little things get chased by my 4 and a half inch male.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back