Forum Time

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MartinS

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Was just online, looking at my profile, and it said i was lat online at 08.55AM Today, when the time is/was 08.48AM on both my watch and PC. Does the server this is hosted on control the time?
It's not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.
Martin

hmm says 10.49 now and its actually 10.42..wonder what time i`ll make this post
unsure.gif

nope its 10.44
rolleyes.gif

There was a topic about this a few weeks back. It affects a lot of forums, not much that can be done about it, and it's not like it's overly important if it's a bit off.

The only frustrating thing is when the forum's spam delay effects you and it tell you you can't post or PM until xx:xx again, and that is 6 minutes into the future, it seems really harsh. Unfortunately, it is a recurring problem, and we can't seem to get it solved.

This has been a constant problem going back for over a year. I know Tolak has reset the close numerous times only to have it happen again. Oddly enough, it seems to gain that 5 to 8 minutes back quickly and then run normally.

Appears to be right back to about 7 minutes fast. I have 7:01 PM and it shows 7:08. Odd that it gets to 7 minutes quickly and then keeps normal from there without getting any farther off.

Appears to be right back to about 7 minutes fast. I have 7:01 PM and it shows 7:08. Odd that it gets to 7 minutes quickly and then keeps normal from there without getting any farther off.

with respect, I think your clock is wrong.

The server is synced against network time servers, it's clock (in BST) is correct.... I've just confirmed system time is correct against the time server:

root@purg:~# date
Wed Jun 16 01:05:04 BST 2010
root@purg:~# ntpdate ntp0.ja.net
16 Jun 01:05:09 ntpdate[3988]: adjust time server 193.62.22.66 offset -0.002285 sec
root@purg:~# date
Wed Jun 16 01:05:11 BST 2010

If the clock is wrong, there must be some setting within the forum which is setting it incorrectly - the server time is fine.

Synced the forum with the server again. For some reason over time it slips forward or back, I'll try to keep track of it as far as time and frequency.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back