FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Slaphppy7

Mod-o-holic
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
A good time to read/review the forum rules

Wow took me 10 mins to read through it all it didn’t say anything about educational content being prohibited tho , which I’m sure it is as my shark finning post got closed ... just saying lol

Some of the recent changes are clarification on YouTube videos (for example, as long as videos are posted in the Photos and Videos forum, you can post "look at my fish/my tank" type of video but posting just to ask people to subscribe to your channel is not allowed) and removing the number of posts needed to use certain areas such as the Classified section.

ill follow them

but will i get a slapped bum and a stint on the naughty chair for not following them to the word?

Being human, I tend to read rules only once. Surely updates should be announced, if you want people to see them.

From a comment in another thread, it's better to work it out as you go rather than read the instructions 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, the rule changes I'm aware of have been very minor.
When the rules were written, a member had to have 60 posts to be allowed to post in the Classified section. Most members ignored that and the then moderators had to go through that section removing the posts by members with insufficient posts. That post limit has since been removed something most members won't even realise has happened.
Back when the rules were written, YouTube was perceived as a rival. But most members ignored the rule about not posting videos. Times change and the admins decided to allow them, but with slight restrictions on where they can be posted. Again a very minor change since most members posted them in the appropriate forum anyway.

I can't think of any other rules which have been changed since they were written.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back