Forum really slow to load pages and posting responses.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I haven't updated to windows 11. I cant stand windows 10 so microsofty can get stuffed with its next update.

would this be at the forum's software or the forum's server or somewhere else?

@Colin_T - Go Apple next time and get a Mac. Expensive, but they last a long time. (I'm running a 2013 Mac Pro right now as my main computer and it can still handle the latest updates)

Does it seem slow during a certain time of day? Have you tried using chrome?

Last edited:
Does it seem slow during a certain time of day?
It happens any time day or night. It might be fine for half an hour and then I try to open a page and it just won't do anything. I click refresh 3 or 4 times and then it might load. Same deal when I post a response, it might work or it might try and time out.

I don't use Google Chrome but have tried Mozilla Firefox and it has the same problem.

I’ve only been a member for a few days but have been pleasantly surprised by page loading times here. I use Safari primarily and sometimes Firefox.

It happens any time day or night. It might be fine for half an hour and then I try to open a page and it just won't do anything. I click refresh 3 or 4 times and then it might load. Same deal when I post a response, it might work or it might try and time out.

I don't use Google Chrome but have tried Mozilla Firefox and it has the same problem.

Just for testing purposes, could you try Chrome?

Not right at this moment I'm not trying chrome. My lap top needs to go in for repairs before it runs out of warranty. I am trying to move stuff into a unit and the place is a dump and full of insects. My car is about to fall apart. My phone is playing up. I am not sleeping due to the heat (40C+ every day for the last week). And I'm on the edge of killing myself.
Maybe in a month or so if I am still alive.

I use a $400 HP chromebook with i3 chip and 8mb ram and the site loads very quickly and pics show up fast as well. Sell your windows laptop and get a chromebook. It starts up fast and allows for many many tabs to be open. Google updates the software automatically on startup within seconds. It's also very rare to get a virus when using a chromebook.

Not right at this moment I'm not trying chrome. My lap top needs to go in for repairs before it runs out of warranty.

I'll keep doing testing my side and try and duplicate the problem. I want the site to work well for you and everyone else.

I'm a huge fan of Chrome. I think it's the fastest of all the browsers and completely free.

I still have no issues loading up. I use an iPhone 12 Pro (AT&T) for mobile and a Lenovo ThinkPad T470s as my PC.

Fortunately no issues here....Firefox and a 16GB RAM with automatically changing IP acording to the quickest available on the VPN. The pooter, on the other hand, it a bit ancient at 7 years old, can't upgrade to Windies 11 unfortunately.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back